Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Base Audio System. Does it play DVD audio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Audio System Questions

According to my sales person, the base audio system plays DVD audio discs. Can anyone confirm? Only mention of DVD audio discs is with the 6 disc CD changer upgrade.

I ordered my vehicle with base audio system but with the Bose package. Can anyone confirm if this means i run the base model head unit but with Bose 9 channel amplifier and 14 speakers?

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 12-17-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Had a V6 loaner,which did play DVD-A s

Old 12-18-2012, 02:34 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
It wont play DVD audio unless you have PCM.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:34 PM
TGED is infamous around these parts
No USB/iPod connection unless you have PCM.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Who has a good selection of DVD audio? Bestbuy.com ha very little, and in Genres I don't care for. I would love to hear the difference.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MrPorsche
Who has a good selection of DVD audio? Bestbuy.com ha very little, and in Genres I don't care for. I would love to hear the difference.
I should've been more specific. Can the base audio system (or 6 disc changer) play homemade DVD audio discs with MP3 tracks.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
From the looks of it, yes.

Attached Images