Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Do Porsche drivers wave?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NOLA911
This is spot on with my experience too. The male drivers of the cars usually wave- females, cayennes, and panamera not so much.
Forgot about the Panameras, I never get waves from them either.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
bones boy is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the thoughtful comments. I think this response nailed it:

Originally Posted by powdercoatmike
I suspect that other Porsche owners don't really consider the Cayenne one of the group.
Cayennes are maybe not "elite" enough for a wave. And maybe being in the Pcar club not as exclusive these days? Oh well. I'm thoroughly excited to be returning to the Porsche family.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Wolverine1 is infamous around these parts
I live in Detroit so P-Cars are scarce. I wave at the Camaros and Mustangs as I pass them!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Tomphot is infamous around these parts
In my '85 911 - more often than not, I get a wave or flash from other air cooled Porsches.
All others seem to be clueless or too important. When I'm in my Cayenne, I've yet to have another Porsche flash or wave.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM
williamr91 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Wolverine1
I live in Detroit so P-Cars are scarce. I wave at the Camaros and Mustangs as I pass them!
Maybe in the city limits, but the suburbs there are plenty. Not as much as big cities in CA of FL but we do have 4 dealers in the area...

Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
waive - sports cars only

Originally Posted by kev_song
I still wave in my 911, but I think the P-Car wave is lost to most Cayenne buyers
Not to be a jerk, but the waive (which I give and get in the 911) is a reflection of a special understanding of how great it is to be in the driver's seat of a porsche sports car.

It simply does not apply to SUVs and sedans regardless of the badge on the hood. They, by default, could never offer the driving sensation that makes you giddy enough to waive to others having the same fun as you...

DRP

Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Wolverine1 is infamous around these parts
A Cayenne is still a Porsche sports car! If there is a Porsche badge on the hood, it's a sports car.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:07 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drspeed
Not to be a jerk, but the waive (which I give and get in the 911) is a reflection of a special understanding of how great it is to be in the driver's seat of a porsche sports car.

It simply does not apply to SUVs and sedans regardless of the badge on the hood. They, by default, could never offer the driving sensation that makes you giddy enough to waive to others having the same fun as you...

DRP
Sorry,but that is a very limited and small minded outlook
I had a 997tts...Nordschleife,Autobahn..bla-bla...so i know a thing or two about driving dynamics and what feels like a sports car and not
My Cayenne feels like a large sports sedan and while not 997tts fast..it moves pretty well and will out accelerate a 991S
And leave your 911 wayyy behind
A mile race, on a strip or track.. of course,i will give you a quarter mile head start..and still beat you
As far as laps...on a track we both hit for the first time?..still run it faster

Last edited by pepper09tt; 01-17-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:24 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
respectfully disagree

Originally Posted by Wolverine1
A Cayenne is still a Porsche sports car! If there is a Porsche badge on the hood, it's a sports car.
I'm my opinion falser words were never spoken.

The only connection the cayenne has with any sports car is that it shares the same badge with porsche sports cars.

Cayennes are less "sporty" than BMW SUVs - neither of which are sports cars.

They are great SUVs. I don't think you could find an engineer at Porsche that would label the Cayenne a sports car. Now, people in marketing and definitely in sales might... if you know what I mean.

DRP

Last edited by drspeed; 01-17-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:33 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Nobody waves at me but I do get some middle fingers when in my 911 at full throttle and sports exhaust on.

Last edited by galion; 01-17-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I'm my opinion falser words were never spoken.

The only connection the cayenne has with any sports car is that it shares the same badge with porsche sports cars.

Cayennes are less "sporty" than BMW SUVs - neither of which are sports cars.

They are great SUVs. I don't think you could find an engineer at Porsche that would label the Cayenne a sports car. Now, people in marketing and definitely in sales might... if you know what I mean.

DRP
Yes, +1

Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Drspeed..On stating that there is strong marketing involved at Porsche..very true..we all know that..so yes +1
But the way you dismiss the Cayenne and have the audacity to even compare to Bmw..i give you a BIG -1
My CTT handles and drives like a dream with flawless reliability...what's not to like?
As far as you being a jerk?That's still open to debate

Last edited by pepper09tt; 01-18-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 AM
LaicepsYdobon is infamous around these parts
Cayennes are less "sporty" than BMW SUVs.
I don't agree with that statement. I was fortunate enough to flog an X5M around the BMW performance track I was bitterly disappointed with it. Even off track I'd prefer my Cayenne over my wife's X5. And I'm not only saying this because this is a Porsche board and I'm not the only one who feels this way either:

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to start a war; both are nice cars but I find the Cayenne is more confidence inspiring then the BMW.

And as for the original topic of waving; no waves from any P-Cars. But then again I live in North Jersey

Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the videos
I make love not war..and unlike some other people i will not mention I ONLY speak from experience
The driving dynamics of my CT are extraordinary and are situated at the top 1% of cars on the road
To not redneckognize that ...
Ps:waving is for bikes..end of story
Oh and btw,love New-Jersey...some of my closest friends are from Morristown
And from Asbury Park to Red Bank..nothing but the best memories

Last edited by pepper09tt; 01-18-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 AM
True that the Cayenne Turbo is the fastest, sportiest and most involving SUV out there, no BMW can match its performance.
Said that, I hate when my wifes BMW X3 diesel beats the crrap out or my GTS from 0-160 kph, drives fantastic too, very solid and nimble.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do Porsche drivers wave?