Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anybody add voice control?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TGED
I have voice control on 2 of my previous vehicles for almost 10 years, honestly, I have only used it a couple of times and each time is to show off to my passengers.
I have had mine for 6 months and used it exactly and only for reason above.

Here's the philosophy: It is cool. Maybe I'll use it more sometime. That's the same philosophy why my garage and office storeroom have so much "stuff". Every year or so I find something I otherwise would have had to buy and am happy thereby justifying keeping all my "stuff". But along with that I often buy something I know I already have because I can't fine the one I have as it's mixed in with all the other stuff somewhere. Cleaning up I find all 3 of whatever and put them in one place which becomes even more embarrassing when I wind up buying a 4th because I can't find the location where other 3 were neatly combined.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM
bones boy is infamous around these parts
It's spec'd on my GTS build too. March build.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 AM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
FWIW, I have it and use it. I'd say for phone calls 80% of the time and it works pretty well. The only other thing I use it for is navigation and that does ok but not great. Still, when driving in traffic it is easier and safer than entering it on the screen.

I saw a comment earlier on voice control for phone calls and complaints that you need to say last name first. This isn't necessarily true. What you need to do is match the way the PCM loads the names into the phone book. You can have them organized "last, first" or "first, last". I switched mine to the latter and now I can just say the names.