Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Clear indicator lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013 | 06:30 PM
|
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Clear indicator lights

anybody have them? How do you install it?

Old 01-13-2013 | 06:48 PM
TGED is infamous around these parts
Are they legal in US/Canada?

Old 01-13-2013 | 06:52 PM
JAX GT3 is infamous around these parts

Yes, they are legal because they have an orange bulb.

Go to 6speed online where there are several articles on how to easily change them out using the fishing line method.

Cheers, JohnnyB

Old 01-13-2013 | 07:19 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I got my clear side markers from Suncoast.

Old 01-13-2013 | 07:21 PM
Crabman141 is infamous around these parts
There one of the simplest DIY's you can do, I know ECS Tuning offered them. They're legal as long as they blink orange.

Old 01-14-2013 | 06:04 AM
|
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
I bot them, just cant figure out the install? does the fender liner need to be removed? Not as straightforward as a 997.

Old 01-14-2013 | 06:45 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kosmo69
I bot them, just cant figure out the install? does the fender liner need to be removed? Not as straightforward as a 997.
Look it up. There are a bunch of them around the forum.

I used the fishing line method and the first one takes like 25 min to figure out. The second one takes like 5 minutes. It's really about putting fishing line underneath and doing a few yanks slowly and forcefully. Snaps right on after. It really is easy once you know, but search the forums.

Old 01-14-2013 | 05:50 PM
|
OMG so easy took only 5mins for the whole job except i stopped to detail the inside of the light housing ! LOL.

Last edited by kosmo69; 01-14-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-14-2013 | 07:20 PM
bones boy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kosmo69
OMG so easy took only 5mins for the whole job except i stopped to detail the inside LOL.
Pics? Love the clear marker lights.

Old 01-15-2013 | 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Unfortunately, we don't have pictures with them installed but we do have the Clear Euro Side Markers like the ones shown below, ready do go in a kit

Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2013 | 05:27 PM
TGED is infamous around these parts
Are the orange bulbs easily available? Assuming once in a while they need to be replaced.

Old 01-15-2013 | 08:01 PM
|
the amber bulbs are included w/ the lights.

Old 01-16-2013 | 08:04 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Are the orange bulbs easily available? Assuming once in a while they need to be replaced.
Our kit comes with the chrome bulbs, so you don't see any orange in the housing expect when it flashes creating the stealth appearance.

Old 01-17-2013 | 04:49 PM
stronbl has a spectacular aura aboutstronbl has a spectacular aura about
Installation is quite easy and certainoly a DIY. Three ways to install:
1. Follow Owner's Manual procedure about changing side marker light bulbs by removing wheel well guard.
2. Use fishing line method as described in other posts.
3. Use a plastic or carbon fiber interior trim tool. This is the method I used so I'll describe it a bit more in detail. The trim tools can be found in most auto parts stores or from vendors on the web. MACarbon has a nice universal set I've used on all my cars.

The trim tool needs to be a rather straight and flat one, not an angled one. Also, look at your new clear markers and study where the clips are located. This will help you in understanding where you will need to position your trim tool in order to disengage the clips.

Starting at the front of the side marker, slide the trim tool underneath the marker and using your other hand, press firmly on the back of the marker. This will create just a bit more gap to slide the trim tool a little farther toward the center of the marker. Use the trim tool as a lever and slowly but firmly pry the front end of the marker out away from the vehicle. It is a snug fit so some force is needed. Be sure to pry outwards, away from the vehicle. Eventually the front clip will disengage and the marker front will pop free.

Now you will need to slowly work the back clips out. Hold the front of the marker away from the vehicle and work the back of it in and out while pulling away from the vehicle - the trim tool may still be useful to exert more force on the back of the marker. The back clip will disengage as well. You may still have the third guide clip of the marker attached to the vehicle, but it will disengage very easily now. Be careful not to pull the whole assembly too far away from the vehicle since the electrical wire and bulb are still connected.

Finally pull the bulb housing away from the marker (some may have a twist connection, but mine was a simple straight pull).

Replace the clear bulb with your new orange bulb and plug back into the marker housing. If you have alignment markings on the marker and bulb housing, make sure they are aligned. This helps with ensuring a proper seal.

Replace the marker by inserting the back end marker clips into the appropriate slots first. Slowly rotate the marker forward and insert the clip into the front slots. Press firmly on the marker to ensure all clips catch and "click". If you do not have a flush mount with the body panel then the clips have not set properly; push on the marker more firmly until they set.

Repeat for the other side. Total time is probably 10 minutes for both.

Last edited by stronbl; 01-17-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 01-18-2013 | 08:32 AM
|
Originally Posted by stronbl
Installation is quite easy and certainoly a DIY. Three ways to install:
1. Follow Owner's Manual procedure about changing side marker light bulbs by removing wheel well guard.
2. Use fishing line method as described in other posts.
3. Use a plastic or carbon fiber interior trim tool. This is the method I used so I'll describe it a bit more in detail. The trim tools can be found in most auto parts stores or from vendors on the web. MACarbon has a nice universal set I've used on all my cars.

The trim tool needs to be a rather straight and flat one, not an angled one. Also, look at your new clear markers and study where the clips are located. This will help you in understanding where you will need to position your trim tool in order to disengage the clips.

Starting at the front of the side marker, slide the trim tool underneath the marker and using your other hand, press firmly on the back of the marker. This will create just a bit more gap to slide the trim tool a little farther toward the center of the marker. Use the trim tool as a lever and slowly but firmly pry the front end of the marker out away from the vehicle. It is a snug fit so some force is needed. Be sure to pry outwards, away from the vehicle. Eventually the front clip will disengage and the marker front will pop free.

Now you will need to slowly work the back clips out. Hold the front of the marker away from the vehicle and work the back of it in and out while pulling away from the vehicle - the trim tool may still be useful to exert more force on the back of the marker. The back clip will disengage as well. You may still have the third guide clip of the marker attached to the vehicle, but it will disengage very easily now. Be careful not to pull the whole assembly too far away from the vehicle since the electrical wire and bulb are still connected.

Finally pull the bulb housing away from the marker (some may have a twist connection, but mine was a simple straight pull).

Replace the clear bulb with your new orange bulb and plug back into the marker housing. If you have alignment markings on the marker and bulb housing, make sure they are aligned. This helps with ensuring a proper seal.

Replace the marker by inserting the back end marker clips into the appropriate slots first. Slowly rotate the marker forward and insert the clip into the front slots. Press firmly on the marker to ensure all clips catch and "click". If you do not have a flush mount with the body panel then the clips have not set properly; push on the marker more firmly until they set.

Repeat for the other side. Total time is probably 10 minutes for both.

why did you use the tool vs the line method? I found the line method to be easier, quicker (4mins) and w/ no chance for sratching the paint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear indicator lights