Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Boston Blizzard - Which OFF ROAD Program will you use??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 AM
race3 is infamous around these parts
Boston Blizzard - Which OFF ROAD Program will you use??

I have a 2012 Cayenne Turbo and have snow tires / wheels mounted during the winter. I'm looking forward to driving in the snow storm today and testing the vehicle in these conditions.

I'm wondering which off road driving program makes the most sense in the heavier snow? The manual is not clear about the differences between "off road" (center light only) and normal. What does that do?

I understand that center differential lock (top light lit) and rear differential lock (rear light lit) activate the respective locks. I will probably try both of these modes in the heavy snow.

Any thoughts / descriptions on these modes and when best to use them?

Thanks.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:47 PM
race3 is infamous around these parts
was out in the middle of the blizzard and had to use every driving feature on the car.... including all off road modes (center and rear locked) and drove at highest height setting (which was completely necessary on side streets where snow is very high). Car did very well overall and snow tires were very helpful. One area of a very steep hill posed a slight issue but with traction control off we managed to regain enough momentum to get thru it. I only wish the car had a low range mode which would be helpful.