Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Unable to connect to AUX Bluetooth.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 06:25 PM
TGED is infamous around these parts
Unable to connect to AUX Bluetooth.

We just picked up our new Cayenne S, we have an iPhone 4 & 4S and both work fine with the Bluetooth hands free but are unable to get the AUX Bluetooth to work. We have a Panamera and both phones work fine using the AUX Bluetooth.
Any ideas?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I had a similar problem when I got mine too. I had to poke around awhile and finally found a second place I had to tell the PCM about the phone. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what I did though.

I did find this in the iOS version of the manual though and it might be what I did:
  1. Press the MEDIA button
  2. Press the OPTION button
  3. Select "SET MEDIA/AUX"
  4. Check the box next to "AUX Bluetooth"

Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
After I press SET MEDIA/AUX the AUX Bluetooth is gray out and not selectable. The PCM does recognize my iPhone though.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Bummer maybe there is still somewhere else I stumbled across something about it. Sorry I can't be more specific

Old 02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Finally got it to work. Apparently you have to disconnect the USB connection(I like to leave my iPod always connected) and then everything works fine. But on our Panamera I can leave my iPod connected and still be able to use AUX Bluetooth to listen to Internet radio through my iPhone. We do have the optional PCC(Porsche Car Connect) online service on the Cayenne, therefore the configuration is not exactly the same as the Panamera.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:30 AM
bones boy is infamous around these parts
In the same boat as you. I remember reading this before my car was delivered. Now I'm experiencing it too. I like to leave my iPod Classic connected all the time but when it is, no AUX-BT. I have the Online option as well. Thanks for saving me a few brain cells.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:58 AM
Aux BT is available if you use an USB stick instead of an iPod. There are advantages of using an USB stick, song folders are selectable from the steering wheel clicker. When you use an iPod, you have to select playlists from the PCM screen.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:26 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
But the USB stick does not allow for Internet Radio which I believe was the poster's concern. Listening to Internet radio while your device is charging is a beautiful thing. Bad design by Porsche.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:52 AM
If you plug in an iPhone to use the AHA Internet app, you can also use the 'iPod' within the iPhone.