Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New to board and new order going in---advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 AM
chfenton is infamous around these parts
New to board and new order going in---advice?

Hi all,

Just placing an order for a 2013 Cayenne S. I had contemplated the following equipment/packages---Convenience package, panorama roof, Entry and Drive, multi function SW, and light comfort package.

My two biggest questions---are stock 18's sufficient and I would like to hear from anyone who has the standard trim and want to know if they like it or if you could do it again would you upgrade to a wood, aluminum or carbon?

Any advice on other "must haves" I should be thinking about? Is entry and drive worth a grand?

Thanks in advance for the advice and opinions.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 AM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
I've got the diesel with standard trim and its just fine. Also, we love the panoramic sunroof.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:21 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
With the amount of money you spend on your vehicle, why would you get the 18" unless you

1) happened to like smaller rims
or
2) plan on swapping it later for custom rims

I think for the CS, minimum of 20". I went with the RS Spyders. 21" also looks awesome, but saw the difference in tire prices and it didn't make too much of a diff to me.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I like the entry and drive.

Why not the Bose upgrade?

Does the convenience package include heated seats?

I would do the rim upgrade to 20's or 21's from Porsche because doing it after words is really costly.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM
kocsis is infamous around these parts
20" are much better looking, but not as practical (especially in winter) on poor roads; also more likely to result in curb rash. I ordered with 20" wheels, then bought 18" for winter. If you want to put on a bike rack or roof rack, get the tow package and/or roof rack. The latter cannot be retrofitted.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
18s were perfectly acceptable to me. I saw no upside in first paying a premium for taller rims, then suffering the eventual extra expense for replacement tires. Entry and drive is a prestige gimmick. With or without, you still have to carry the key fob. I rejected the idea of interior packages starting at $995, and am installing a $164 aftermarket wood grain package myself

//greg//

Old 03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
In my opinion at minimum you want to get the 19" Cayenne Turbo Wheel. Which interior and exterior colors will you be choosing?

Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
I have entry/drive and love it. Wouldn't order another daily driver without it. Yes, you do have to carry the key fob (what car doesn't make you do so?), but it can stay in your pocket at all times.

Agree with going with at least 19" rims, either choice won't set you back more than $2k.

I also like the $150 option to black out the window trim, ext. trim in high gloss black.

While I know options can add up quickly, you may want to consider the Premium package. The 14 way seats and the park assist make it worthwhile IMO, I believe you'll also get PASM with the CS which is a plus.

Good luck!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:12 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
I have all the options you suggested but I think they mostly came with a premium package. I especially like the multifunction steering wheel. I'd suggest 20" or above wheels, mainly for looks. 18" is if you are going off road a lot, rocks, bumps, etc. I chose the 20" spyder wheels and they are fine however I have ceramic breaks so I don't have to worry with the cleaning as much and with the pattern they have, that would be a pain to clean them often. If you spend time on this board, you'll wind up spending a whole lot more on the options people suggest. That's what happened with me but guess what--I'm glad I got them. Sure you'll occasionally think how ridiculously priced the options are but there is a sense of pride and satisfaction each time you ride around. Go to dealer and check out what each one is and if you'd like it and can afford it, my advise is to just get it.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:58 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
The extended LED interior lights @$845.00 is a very kool option and one that really gives pleasure for the buck.

the ceramic brakes are worth the price of admission but now you are talking a whole different price point.

As said this site can be very expensive with all the suggestions. If you have a capped price then stick to it..if not start checking off the boxes.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 PM
V10M is infamous around these parts
We went with the standard trim. I like piano black, and BMW actually charges extra for piano blk trim and wood as standard. So it was a no brainer to go piano black with $0 cost. It does pick up fingerprints easily and if you wipe it down without regard to amount of goo, it will swirl just like back paint. Just a heads up

19's should be smallest you go. The 18's don't fill the fender-to-wheel gap enough and looks really undersized.

Keyless is a must have. When I get a loaner without it, it always reminds me of what a must-have option this is.

Last edited by V10M; 03-08-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:50 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by V10M
We went with the standard trim. I like piano black, and BMW actually charges extra for piano blk trim and wood as standard. So it was a no brainer to go piano black with $0 cost. It does pick up fingerprints easily and if you wipe it down without regard to amount of goo, it will swirl just like back paint.
Optional black plastic. That makes no sense at all. That said, I came out of two consecutive Mercedes with wood trim. So I guess it's a matter of what one becomes accustomed to. All that shiny black inside the Porsche just looks cheap to me. But I only have to put up with it until the temperature holds at 70F so I can apply the wood.

//greg//

Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 PM
n8beme is infamous around these parts
Cayenne S

I hope this finds you in time. I custom ordered my wife's 2013 cayenne S and spent around 90k on various equipment. It wasn't long after she got it that I realized I needed one too. I now have a 2012 cayenne turbo used with about 14k miles and it is is CPO to 100k miles. The turbo is so sick that I won't even drive my wife's S if I don't have too. I paid about the same for the turbo and the warranty is longer. If you are going for a cayenne you need to go all the way. Otherwise, if you must have a brand new super suv but can't fork out the cash for a turbo cayenne get a bmw x5m.

Last edited by n8beme; 03-09-2013 at 08:59 PM.