Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2014 Cayenne Info?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM
nash is infamous around these parts
2014 Cayenne Info?

It seems early, but I've found some passing mention of changes for 2014:

New design elements for all Cayennes include available LED headlights, with four distinct bright spots in each light unit. Double blades of LEDs in the lower outboard grilles serve as running lights. The nose grilles become more angular. At the tail, the LED lights will illuminate in a C-shape.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...#ixzz2Mh9Fipus

Anyone know more information about this? Are these changes already in the CTTS?

If anyone has recently ordered a car, is it a 14? When I load my saved configuration (from 04/12) on the Porsche configurator, it mentions the model year changing and some prices are slightly different... so it seems to me that the configurator is '14 now?

Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 PM
kocsis is infamous around these parts
Yes, the configurator shows '14 models. Note different color choices inside and out. Don't see anything else that's cosmetic (like more angular nose).

Old 03-05-2013, 12:42 PM
kocsis is infamous around these parts
Just read article - this refers to "changes in 2014" - meaning 2015 models, which are indeed expecting a facelift.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:02 PM
nash is infamous around these parts
Thanks, I believe you are right. I could have sworn I had read a page where they seemed to indicate these changes already appeared on a new '14 model (the new Diesel S, I think it was), but now I can't find that.

Other than jukebox/online services being included for sure in '14, doesn't seem to any major changes worth waiting for.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:47 AM
bones boy is infamous around these parts
Mahogany Metallic available for the 2014 GTS. Also Aluminum exhaust pipes instead of the black. Lane Departure Warning available. Wireless Internet Access option.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 AM
RedBent is infamous around these parts
Looks like the diesel gets entry and drive; not a big deal to some but if my wife chooses this vehicle, it's huge for her! haha

Old 03-16-2013, 05:27 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bones boy
Mahogany Metallic available for the 2014 GTS. Also Aluminum exhaust pipes instead of the black. Lane Departure Warning available. Wireless Internet Access option.
Also the black/ red interior, but the black/blue interior is gone. I just wish the refresh was the 2014 model since my X5 diesel lease ends this December!

Old 03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Sc00ter is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RedBent
Looks like the diesel gets entry and drive; not a big deal to some but if my wife chooses this vehicle, it's huge for her! haha
Diesel has this option from the beginning. I mean 2013.
Same for the Jukebox in other models. It's standard on all models since 2012 October production or November.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Acc99 is infamous around these parts
How do you get the jukebox? Is that in the configuration? Didn't see it.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:28 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Historically the first version is better than the face-lifted version which has shown to be change for change sakes rather than a styling improvement for the better imho. The average person wont even notice anyway as the body and interior remains same. Substantial changes always get reserved for the next Cayenne.

Is it worth holding off for another 18months to get the facelift? To me not. Best to get in one now or asap and get what is the last 4 years out of the current 958 model cycle before it becomes relegated into insignificance. Gen 2 will only see you 2 years in the latest powder puff before the next Cayenne spy shots surface....then it's all over anyway. Every month waited from this point is just another month closer to the end of the 958 really.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:37 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by speed21
Historically the first version is better than the face-lifted version which has shown to be change for change sakes rather than a styling improvement for the better imho. The average person wont even notice anyway as the body and interior remains same. Substantial changes always get reserved for the next Cayenne.

Is it worth holding off for another 18months to get the facelift? To me not. Best to get in one now or asap and get what is the last 4 years out of the current 958 model cycle before it becomes relegated into insignificance. Gen 2 will only see you 2 years in the latest powder puff before the next Cayenne spy shots surface....then it's all over anyway. Every month waited from this point is just another month closer to the end of the 958 really.
So true! I am not waiting for the facelift, just want the black/blue interior for the 2014 I am going to order!

Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Sc00ter is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Acc99
How do you get the jukebox? Is that in the configuration? Didn't see it.
If your Cayenne was produced after November 2012, when your press "SOURCE" button, you should see it.

Where are you located?

Old 03-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JenK
So true! I am not waiting for the facelift, just want the black/blue interior for the 2014 I am going to order!
i am also sorry they deleted the black/blue option - i thought that was one of the nicest two tones i had seen in a long time.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM
TGED is infamous around these parts
For car produced starting Nov 2012, you also get album art display and message/email displayed through Bluetooth.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 PM
porschevin is infamous around these parts
Can the PCM be updated by dealer to include jukebox & album art for Cayennes produced before Nov 2012?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Cayenne Info?