Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Needing sympathy or empathy for the long wait!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:06 AM
Jimmianne is infamous around these parts
Needing sympathy or empathy for the long wait!

I ordered my Cayenne in December. That was exciting. I built a new car port. Then I sort of forgot about it and went on to live life.
Suddenly the dealer called last week to tell me Porsche will start production mid-March.
They've been back at the job since mid-January. Why does it take so long? Now I'm very impatient and thinking by the time I get it the 2014's will be out. How long did you have to wait for your vehicle?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 AM
LaicepsYdobon is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your soon to be born Cayenne !

Ordered mine at the end of April and had the car delivered to me at the beginning of October of last year. I was tracking the ship my car was on religiously every day. Was counting the days until I would be able to drive her. But to make things interesting, after the boat docked at the port in Rhode Island my car was selected from the batch for "random quality control". My car got held back two extra weeks while they looked her over to make sure nothing happened to her during her marine voyage. My dealer was apologizing to me profusely even though it was totally out of their control. I think those last two weeks were the hardest. If you feel yourself getting too preoccupied with waiting for the car to come in now would be a good time to pick up a new hobby Congrats again and don't forget to post some pictures whenever she comes in...

Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Ahh the wait is the best part of all.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
I ordered my 2013 in May of 2012, I forget the date. Came off the production line on July 27th, and was ready to pick up by August 21st. I'm told the reason that some folks have to wait longer than others has to do with dealer allocation. The higher their volume over time, the faster they get a production date.

//greg//

Last edited by grohgreg; 03-06-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 AM
LaicepsYdobon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by grohgreg
I'm told the reason that some folks have to wait longer than others has to do with dealer allocation. The higher their volume over time, the faster they get a production date.
You are right Greg; I heard that too. My dealer showed me an allocation sheet for Cayennes for the last two quarters for last year and they were slotted to receive no more than 6 Cayenne. I was one of them.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
The options also impact the slot you get. My dealer has a lot more slots now than when we got the 996 (two year wait for our slot!), but when I was initially looking at a 6mt v6 Cayenne the soonest slot they could get was April this year (from June of last year).

For my CD I snagged an Oct slot just before it closed in early Sept and had it early Nov. Even that short time killed me though as I hate waiting (the 896 is the wife's). Even worse was that my ship docked the day before Sandy hit so there was a lot of anxiety for a few days until the dealer heard back that the port was not impacted and my car was in prep. The image of it being full of water started to get to me...

Old 03-06-2013, 05:55 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
I built two weeks or so before the order was locked. The CTT was already allocated. Still took 3.5 months. ... Ah, but when she had a vin. And when she showed up, all wrapped and protected. I was like a proud papa, lol.

Mike

Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM
bones boy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jimmianne
I ordered my Cayenne in December. That was exciting. I built a new car port. Then I sort of forgot about it and went on to live life.
Suddenly the dealer called last week to tell me Porsche will start production mid-March.
They've been back at the job since mid-January. Why does it take so long? Now I'm very impatient and thinking by the time I get it the 2014's will be out. How long did you have to wait for your vehicle?
I am in the same boat - ordered December 31 and paid my deposit. I'm in Alaska however so probably late May delvery at earliest. In February Leipzig was building manual (standard tranny) cars only. That's why ours are taking the extra month. My dealer also told me that the 2014 Cayenne info was not supposed to come out yet.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
My 2011 CT was ordered on Jan 30th 2011..with a European delivery in Leipzig on April 6th
Track time,3hr personalized factory tour,followed by more track time
And some "no limits" 3 stripe Autobahn...
No complaints here

Last edited by pepper09tt; 03-06-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:30 AM
Originally Posted by bones boy
I am in the same boat - ordered December 31 and paid my deposit. I'm in Alaska however so probably late May delvery at earliest. In February Leipzig was building manual (standard tranny) cars only. That's why ours are taking the extra month. My dealer also told me that the 2014 Cayenne info was not supposed to come out yet.

I ordered my manual Dec 28th and they are now saying mid-April delivery.
All that talk about allotments must be a ploy to keep Porsche exclusive and try to move inventory from the dealer lots. There have been more than a few days when I've considered driving over to my dealer and just buying something off the lot NOW. But then it wouldn't be a manual...
See many Cayennes up your way?

Old 03-09-2013, 11:47 PM
I ordered my manual Dec 28th and they are now saying mid-April delivery.
All that talk about allotments must be a ploy to keep Porsche exclusive and try to move inventory from the dealer lots. There have been more than a few days when I've considered driving over to my dealer and just buying something off the lot NOW. But then it wouldn't be a manual...
See many Cayennes up your way?
I think you're right about the allotments - although the Cayenne is hardly exclusive at this point. They're selling like hotcakes! Hope QC doesn't suffer. Not a lot of 958s here but quite a few 955/957s (first gen). Heard a '13 GTS (probably the one I test-drove) rumbling past me a few days ago. My FX50 whimpered. Surprised the amount of 911s here and people drive them year-round! Now THAT'S cool!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
Congrats on your soon to be born Cayenne !

Ordered mine at the end of April and had the car delivered to me at the beginning of October of last year. I was tracking the ship my car was on religiously every day. Was counting the days until I would be able to drive her. But to make things interesting, after the boat docked at the port in Rhode Island my car was selected from the batch for "random quality control". My car got held back two extra weeks while they looked her over to make sure nothing happened to her during her marine voyage. My dealer was apologizing to me profusely even though it was totally out of their control. I think those last two weeks were the hardest. If you feel yourself getting too preoccupied with waiting for the car to come in now would be a good time to pick up a new hobby Congrats again and don't forget to post some pictures whenever she comes in...
Will do. You had a nicely frustrating wait. If they hold mine back a couple of weeks I'll post a photo of someone tearing their hair out.
What hobby could be distracting enough? Maybe skydiving. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah!!!

I have a VIN number as of today...
that means there really IS a Cayenne out there with my name on it!
The dealer said it could take another 5 weeks to arrive.
Maybe mud season will be over by that time.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:59 PM
I have a VIN number as of today...
that means there really IS a Cayenne out there with my name on it!
The dealer said it could take another 5 weeks to arrive.
Maybe mud season will be over by that time.
Congrats! Before you know it you'll be jamming up the Carolina coast in style!!

Start the auto insurance comparison shopping NOW.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 AM
kocsis is infamous around these parts
I got my VIN number on March 12. Let's compare notes as to when cars are loaded on vessel and which vessel we're on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Needing sympathy or empathy for the long wait!