Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ambient Lighting Setting inside PCM Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks RAK you made me realize that I said it wrong. The display I meant is in the round window. I guess it is like a sub display of the PCM?
RAK has the Stalk.

I know nothing........

Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
V10M is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
Interesting, mine is different. I see the dimming immediately by just rotating the **** and it keeps what I selected without pressing the **** to select that brightness. I set it at 40% as a test and shut the car. When I restarted is was still saying 40% in the PCM display menu.
And I am only seeing the few things dim that I described previously. But I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I have the other lights pre-dimmed by the overhead button method. I have the horseshoe light and foot well lights dimmed and they stay that way every time I start the car. I never have to readjust the level. I have them very dim or the horseshoe light would be distracting.
Like RAK said the whole LED optional lighting stuff is very kool and worth the cost to me.
Enjoy, Rob
I do recall a time when that was the case, just rotating the **** and seeing immediate results. It might have changed after I had the dealer update the PCM last visit in January. It does save the settings at 30% upon restart. We also have the horseshoe setting one dimmed pretty much as low as possible and that one does not need fiddling. But if the wife accidently pushes that button, then I have to re-dim all over again or it'll just stay bright.

Originally Posted by RAKLAW
My adjustment for ambient lighting is the stalk on the steering wheel and the display for this appears on the round gauge not the PCM
Is there another setting for the PCM itself adjusted by a rotating ****.?
Where is Klink when I need him?
I believe there is yet another setting for the multi function / gauges that adjusts at the stalk. IIRC, that one just does the 5 gauges brightness level. So I guess there are 3 separate adjustments for brightness if you have comfort lighting. 2 if you don't. In the PCM, there within the "Interior Lighting" > "Ambient Lighting" somewhere buried in the menu, there is a seperate adjustment within the PCM independent of the stalk one.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:04 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
I must be an idiot, but I have no clue how to access settings within the PCM.
I thought I really had this one down.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:05 PM
V10M is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
I must be an idiot, but I have no clue how to access settings within the PCM.
I thought I really had this one down.
Just checked the menu hiearchy.

Turn ignition to ON/ACC.

Press the physical button labeled CAR twice (1st click shows Parking Diagram, 2nd click into proper menu)>Then Click OPTIONS>SET CAR>VEHICLE FUNCTIONS>LIGHTING & VISIBILITY>INTERIOR LIGHTS>AMBIENT LIGHTS

Old 03-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Well thank you
Will try that as soon as I get home tonite.
Wonder what other treasures that button will afford 😛

Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Yes..I found the settings within the PCM, however on my car the settings set in the cluster under Vehicle and Settings with the steering wheel stalk were already saved in the PCM and no adjustment was needed
Perhaps your car produces the same result??