Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ambient Lighting Setting inside PCM Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:54 PM
V10M is infamous around these parts
Ambient Lighting Setting inside PCM Question

Anyone know what the Ambient Lighting Adjustment adjusts within the PCM. I do have the Comfort Lighting Package and I am aware of the Horseshoe/Door Strips/Footwell adjustment via holding down the overhead button.

But inside the Vehicle Settings / Personal / Lighting / Interior Lighting Menu, there are 2 adjustments; One is for the interior dome timeout and another for Ambient Lighting from 0-100%, but adjusting it, I don't see anything happening.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I know it impacts the lighting in the armrests. Not sure what else it effects.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Yup. Thanks for this. I didn't not realize that as you are turning it up (%), nothing happens until you push the **** to select. It indeed operates the tiny LED's on the overhead front and rear as well as the door pockets.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Acc99 is infamous around these parts
Can you suppress the horseshoe light while keeping the footwell and other lights?

Old 03-08-2013, 05:51 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Mine also has a LED on the underside of the outside mirror that illuminates the ground. Not quite sure what for, perhaps to help find a dropped key fob? Don't know if there's one under the passenger side mirror though, never been really concerned enough to check.

//greg//

Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
{But inside the Vehicle Settings / Personal / Lighting / Interior Lighting Menu, there are 2 adjustments; One is for the interior dome timeout and another for Ambient Lighting from 0-100%, but adjusting it, I don't see anything happening}

That is a good question. I just read the manual and they refer to it dimming the "orientation lighting" which are lights in the front operating console, storage trays and rear light units.

Mine is set at 100 % and when I lowered it I didn't notice anything either but I want to try again. Hmmm.

Now this getting more confusing. On page 137 they talk about how to adjust the brightness of the "orientation lighting" but in the steps they refer to it as "ambient lighting" which has a different meaning. On page 97 they talk about both terms.

Last edited by Harlequin NY; 03-08-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
I just tried it again and now I notice 2 subtle things that dim when I adjust the dimness down from 100 % in the PCM display.
First the lights under the front and rear door handles dim and the backlit lock button lights inside the door latch handles dim.

V10M- Can you try it and see if you get the same?

Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Its a shame you cant get Colonel Klink to translate the manual into German, and then tell you what it all means.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
ahh yes- Klink

Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Klink & Schultz.. A team for the ages , or as the ol' saying goes...a pair that would beat three of a kind any day !

Last edited by RAKLAW; 03-08-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Your Klink comment sent me to the internet looking up the cast members and murder of Bob Crane. I gotta get off this computer........

Old 03-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Very fishy that bob crane story. I bumped into that little Lebow in an art gallery on Rodeo in Beverly Hills many moons ago. I couldnt help but laugh when i saw him

Old 03-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
I just tried it again and now I notice 2 subtle things that dim when I adjust the dimness down from 100 % in the PCM display.
First the lights under the front and rear door handles dim and the backlit lock button lights inside the door latch handles dim.

V10M- Can you try it and see if you get the same?
From what I can make out:

Comfort Light Package: Adjusts brightness from overhead button. Holding it down dims the Horseshoe, LED Strips in the door armrests and the fottwell lighting. They cannot be adjusted independently.

The Ambient Light Percentage adjustment from the PCM adjusts the overhead white led lights (somewhere within the cluster inside the horseshoe, the LED spotlights right next to the rear map / reading lamps, the door pocket lighting and the illumination of the door lock / unlock buttons on the doors by the grab handle (the 2012+ models have it on the lock/unlock on the doors as well as center console).

Just make sure when rotating the PCM ****, you actually have to push (to select) before you see anything happening. If you just rotate it and look around, nothing happens.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Interesting, mine is different. I see the dimming immediately by just rotating the **** and it keeps what I selected without pressing the **** to select that brightness. I set it at 40% as a test and shut the car. When I restarted is was still saying 40% in the PCM display menu.
And I am only seeing the few things dim that I described previously. But I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I have the other lights pre-dimmed by the overhead button method. I have the horseshoe light and foot well lights dimmed and they stay that way every time I start the car. I never have to readjust the level. I have them very dim or the horseshoe light would be distracting.
Like RAK said the whole LED optional lighting stuff is very kool and worth the cost to me.
Enjoy, Rob

Old 03-09-2013, 11:14 AM
My adjustment for ambient lighting is the stalk on the steering wheel and the display for this appears on the round gauge not the PCM
Is there another setting for the PCM itself adjusted by a rotating ****.?
Where is Klink when I need him?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ambient Lighting Setting inside PCM Question