Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Parking assist & PASM questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 12:20 AM
dawninglawrence is infamous around these parts
Parking assist & PASM questions

1.) I hated the parking assist feature on my 13 GTS, PCM only shows the status when the car is moving very slow, and when backing up I turn my head and look back to backup, I CANNOT watch the PCM screen!
I love my first generation Cayenne Park assist, theres visual sensor on the front and back roof line, I can see if its the front or back is hitting an obstacle, I can see if it's the left or right is hitting an obstacle.
Imagine backing up the car from a tandem garage, the new cayenne is beeps, I don't even know if its the front or back, left or right!

2.) PASM suppost to change ride height of the car, but according to manual the highest setting only can drive up to 20 MPH, when the car is moving over 20MPH it drops down to the high I level, when the car is above 50 MPS it is drop to normal riding height, what some nonsense! why can't I left the setting to the highest riding level???

according to the manual if I drive over 85MPH the car would lower a setting, but I have tried and it never lower, stays on normal all the time.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:23 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Safety is the reason PASM won't conform to your stated wishes. But the if you're going over 85, how can you tell it hasn't lowered? If I recall, the amount is finally drops is measured in millimeters. But you might simply be confusing PASM features with air suspension features.

The PASM question shows you've looked at the owner manual, but it seems you missed the part about Park Assist. You probably just need to turn it on. There's a PA button on the overhead console, also in the CAR button (Option/Set Parking), and I thought I saw it in the MFD under Vehicle/Settings, but I'm not sure about that one

//greg//

Last edited by grohgreg; 03-13-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 AM
rc2080 is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure if I'm crazy or not, but I get the feeling that the beeping will come more from the left if the obstruction is on the lefthand side and vice versa.. Not sure if I can hear front versus back though.