Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Hit pot hole. Need new tire.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
OK Pete.
Do you listen to Aphex Twin?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM
LaicepsYdobon is infamous around these parts
I see you figured out my avatar Yes; I do listen to Apex Twin. Never seen him live though and from what I've been hearing I'm missing out.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Pete- I am only hearing of him for the first time because of your avatar

So I found over an hours worth of his stuff on a You Tube clip that I am listening to. It's amazing how you can dragged down different paths on the internet.

It is called
Aphex Twins- Selected Ambient Works 85-92

Rob.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Here's a picture of the bump looking down the sport edition wheel.

Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
So I found over an hours worth of his stuff on a You Tube clip that I am listening to. It's amazing how you can dragged down different paths on the internet.

It is called
Aphex Twins- Selected Ambient Works 85-92
The Selected Ambient Works 85-92 is one of my favorite Aphex albums. There is a Selected Ambient Works II but I personally like part 1 better. Actium is definitely the best song on the entire album. I enjoy playing that when driving home late at night.
If you want to have a good chuckle search for Aphex Twin's Windowlicker. You'll be amazed at how out there that video is.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Here's a picture of the bump looking down the sport edition wheel.
That's definitely not drivable. Let me guess, you have Pirellis on your Cayenne ?

Old 03-25-2013, 04:06 PM
No they are actually the Michelin Latitudes.... $500 per tire.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Ouch !

Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Does anyone here have the michilen lattitude summer tires on their 958 and have had continental all season tires on their old 957? If so do you know why my lattitudes don't grip wet road (hydroplane in a straight line on the interstate) or stop as good (wet or dry) as my 957's continentals?

Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MrPorsche
Does anyone here have the michilen lattitude summer tires on their 958 and have had continental all season tires on their old 957? If so do you know why my lattitudes don't grip wet road (hydroplane in a straight line on the interstate) or stop as good (wet or dry) as my 957's continentals?
I drove my car through 2 hours of virtual monsoons in South Carolina last Sunday on I 95
I have OEM 21 Michelin Latitudes and they gripped just fine...no hydroplaning at all and the highway was a virtual river. Don't get why yours aren't gripping

Old 03-30-2013, 08:55 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
My service guy and the mechanic said it was normal for a summer tire because it has less grooves to push the water out. It drove well at 65-70 in a heavy rain. 75-80 and it was unsafe.