Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anyone bought a new turbo S? What kind of deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
nash is infamous around these parts
They are hard to find, but a Turbo with the Sport Design package (aka "aero kit") is probably what you are after. It makes the car look a whole lot more aggressive, imo.

This is why the GTS is appealing, as that kit is standard on the GTS. Plus blacked out trim, which adds even more aggression.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM
mplv is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nash
They are hard to find, but a Turbo with the Sport Design package (aka "aero kit") is probably what you are after. It makes the car look a whole lot more aggressive, imo.

This is why the GTS is appealing, as that kit is standard on the GTS. Plus blacked out trim, which adds even more aggression.
Actually I think the sport package is a waste. On a black car it's basically invisible

Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 PM
nash is infamous around these parts
True enough, on that color it is not really worth it.

For me, it makes all the difference in the world on other colors. I think the regular Cayenne looks far too plain, as you mentioned. A Turbo looks better with the more gaping grill and power dome hood, but I think it takes the Sport Design kit to really make it look special. I ordered a GTS and the biggest draw to me was the looks. I wouldn't have bought a 958 otherwise.

Last edited by nash; 05-06-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
This is an easy one
G63 is 15,year old technology with a terrible ride and zero handling. Why folks think this is a status symbol is beyond me but they are not enthusiasts IMHO and certainly haven't driven a CTT
+1.. I have talked to a few regretful owners. Unless you go offroad, I feel the AMG G55 / G63 is all show.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:49 PM
has anyone seen the carrerra red interior in person? thoughts?

Last edited by mplv; 05-07-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Old 05-07-2013, 07:47 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
My CTTS interior is the Carrera Red/Black with CF grabbers and CF sills
I splurged and also got PCM in leather and the extended leather package
It is breathtaking

Old 05-07-2013, 07:49 PM
dimok is infamous around these parts
Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mplv
has anyone seen the carrerra red interior in person? thoughts?
Worth every penny. RAKLAW has the ideal combo. Not sure what his ext. color is but you can't go wrong with that interior combo.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:44 PM
picking it up tomorrow, still thinking im missing out on the g63 experience though. I need a tuner with valet mode so my gf can drive it and i can justify both....

Old 05-08-2013, 06:16 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Enilder
Worth every penny. RAKLAW has the ideal combo. Not sure what his ext. color is but you can't go wrong with that interior combo.
White w/deviated stitch on Steering Wheel

Last edited by RAKLAW; 05-08-2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
RAKLAW,

Nice choice of interiors! If I decide to step in a 958 from my 957, that will be my interior choice for sure.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:58 AM
I couldn't stand the red. Or the minivan bland looks. G hunting

Old 05-09-2013, 08:22 AM
LaicepsYdobon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mplv
picking it up tomorrow, still thinking im missing out on the g63 experience though. I need a tuner with valet mode so my gf can drive it and i can justify both....
Motor Trend just posted a comparo against the new Range Rover and G63. Worth taking a look if nothing else than for its entertainment value.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
Motor Trend just posted a comparo against the new Range Rover and G63. Worth taking a look if nothing else than for its entertainment value.
I just watched that video last night. I was perplexed by the contradicting nature of the reviewer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone bought a new turbo S? What kind of deal?