Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Help if you can

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 07:10 PM
gjmattos has a spectacular aura aboutgjmattos has a spectacular aura aboutgjmattos has a spectacular aura about
Help if you can

We have a 2013 CD with Entry and Drive option that we keep in our garage (about two months old) and every morning my wife went to work the Cayenne would not recognize her key and had to eject the dummy key and put her real key in to start (same for my key as well). So I bring it in to the dealer (nice folks) and they order new keys, we get the new keys and the next morning same problem. We bring it back in to check the antenna (they say) and my wife gets a loner which happens to have the same option and the next morning the loner will not recognize the keys. I pulled out of the garage and the key works on the loner and I pick up our car today and it works outside of the garage. So it must not like something about our garage I suppose but we only have a garage door opener, refrigerator, and a security camera that is not plugged into the garage. We have BMW, Lexus, Infinity with zero problems, what do you think?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:56 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I think you are on the right track. I would try unplugging everything in the garage and see if that helps. Maybe it's something on the other side of a wall/ceiling?

It's possible that the Porsche E&D uses a different frequency than the other cars that just isn't happy with something throwing out EM noise. Not E&D, but there are a few places we take the 996 where the remote won't (un)lock the car and we have to do it manually.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:32 PM
gjmattos has a spectacular aura aboutgjmattos has a spectacular aura aboutgjmattos has a spectacular aura about
Forgot to add I turned the breaker off in the garage today and it had no effect but if I pull out of the garage the keys work. It is also a detached garage to make it even more strange.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:48 AM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
It could be wireless interference. I know if I have my cell phone in my pocket with my keys it won't work. So it could be your cell in a purse/pocket or it might be proximity to another wifi source. How far is the garage from your router in the house?

Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by tex94
It could be wireless interference. I know if I have my cell phone in my pocket with my keys it won't work. So it could be your cell in a purse/pocket or it might be proximity to another wifi source. How far is the garage from your router in the house?
My wireless router is about seventy-five feet from the garage. The phone idea could be a source for my wife as everything is together in the black hole purse but I get in with my phone and keys out of my pocket. And again the Cayenne will start on the outside of the garage. We have underground utilities so no power lines over our house and a 2012 BMW X5d parked next to it with the same option (Comfort something) that has always worked. Now every time I see our garage my head goes straight to "what could it be".

Old 07-01-2013, 05:26 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
do I hear twilight zone music?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.