Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Spacer Q (Promise I've Searched) w/ 21" Turbo Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:09 PM
robbys3m3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PianoProdigy
I bought spacers from http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/spacerbolts.html

PACKAGE #13 2 x 7mm + 2 X 18mm SPACERS WITH BOLTS PRICE $289.95 USD

I forget which size went where. This was on 21" Turbo 2 wheels on 958 Turbo but the stance was great.
I just ordered 7mm all around...ill post up pics as soon as I get them installed. this shop couldn't have had better customer service...was even returning emails for me yesterday on a sunday.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:49 PM
ethansun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robbys3m3
I just ordered 7mm all around...ill post up pics as soon as I get them installed. this shop couldn't have had better customer service...was even returning emails for me yesterday on a sunday.
I am also interested in this setup and please post some pics after installation, thanks

Old 08-22-2013, 08:04 AM
here are a coupla pics of 7mm all around. to my eye, these are about right. they look aggressive without being over the top. i think to play it safe though, i will add some clear bra material behind the fenders as i think the tires will kick out a little more rocks, etc now. sorry for not having better pics but yesterday was crazy..ill try to take better pics next week after i install my tinted sidemarkers (finishing line method didnt work for me so we gotta go in from behind).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cayenne spacer1.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	460.0 KB
ID:	273732   Click image for larger version

Name:	cayenne spaceer2.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	510.4 KB
ID:	273733  
Old 08-25-2013, 08:34 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
I have 2012 Cayenne Turbo w/20" wheels with factory 17mm spacers on rear. Not sure if that helps. I believe it required the extended wheel arch which I have also.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:26 AM
HOiYA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nhirsch
I have 2012 Cayenne Turbo w/20" wheels with factory 17mm spacers on rear. Not sure if that helps. I believe it required the extended wheel arch which I have also.
Can post a pic the rear wheels showing how much more they stick out?

Old 09-03-2013, 10:13 AM
modifier is infamous around these parts
I clicked back and forth between the pictures quite a few times and other than your daughter I can't see any difference. 7mm is only just over 1/4 inch after all so I'm not surprised.

IMO I think 5 or 7mm spacers are made to fit wheels that are hitting the calipers or something else. 17 or 20mm spacers would make a more noticeable visual impact. But may cause fitment problems with 21 or 22 inch wheels even with extended wheel arches. I'm not sure. ?? I guess nhirsch didn't have any trouble with 17s and 20s. Anybody test with bigger wheels?

Old 09-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by modifier
I clicked back and forth between the pictures quite a few times and other than your daughter I can't see any difference. 7mm is only just over 1/4 inch after all so I'm not surprised.

IMO I think 5 or 7mm spacers are made to fit wheels that are hitting the calipers or something else. 17 or 20mm spacers would make a more noticeable visual impact. But may cause fitment problems with 21 or 22 inch wheels even with extended wheel arches. I'm not sure. ?? I guess nhirsch didn't have any trouble with 17s and 20s. Anybody test with bigger wheels?
ya sorry shes in that pic there is no difference in those pics b/c they are both with the spacers, sorry for the confusion...one of these days ill get some real pics done..im behind with a baby born last week.
as for the 7 mm around with my setup, if I had to do it over again, I probably woulda done 5 in the front, 7 in the rear..small differences I know, but I think I woulda liked the stance a touch better. in person, the 7 made a nice visual impact, and I wouldn't want the wheels to stick out any further. every application is different, but I cant imagine my car having 17 or 20 mm spacers. I really think they would be outside the fenders, or very close and could create lots of rock chips behind the fenders, or just look a touch too wide. im sure I can be proven wrong, but the 7mm all around accomplished the look I was wanting without being over the top.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:34 AM
modifier is infamous around these parts
These guys offer spacers. http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=338

They say 7 front and 15 rear but I think that is for a 911 Turbo. Not sure what they recommend for Cayennes.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by modifier
These guys offer spacers. http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=338

They say 7 front and 15 rear but I think that is for a 911 Turbo. Not sure what they recommend for Cayennes.
15 in the rear would def. give you the more aggressive staggered look I wish I had a touch more of on mine. I ordered from maxspeed and they were pretty helpful...this was from their site:

After installing these spacers on many different Porsche vehicles that have the factory Porsche Wheels we strongly believe that 14mm in the rear and 5 or 7mm in the front give you the best look, we have tried these from 986 to 997 all models in between, the 7/14mm setup work well on the 986 Boxster, 987 Boxster/Cayman, 996 Carrera, 997 Carrera including C4S widebody with the exception of the cayenne, the cayenne looks best with 5mm or 7mm all around.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:55 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HOiYA
Can post a pic the rear wheels showing how much more they stick out?
Sorry for delay. Here are a couple pics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130909_093714_resize.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	519.7 KB
ID:	278443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130909_093705_resize.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	508.3 KB
ID:	278444  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:23 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I just picked up a GTS from the dealership that has just spacers on the rear... I'll check again, but they look fairly substantial.. at least 10mm... maybe 15mm. Gives it a great look with the 21" Turbo wheels.

I can try and snap some shots later.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I just picked up a GTS from the dealership that has just spacers on the rear... I'll check again, but they look fairly substantial.. at least 10mm... maybe 15mm. Gives it a great look with the 21" Turbo wheels.

I can try and snap some shots later.
Awesome...id love to see those. If you are happy with them i may like to change to those in the rear.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:27 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robbys3m3
Awesome...id love to see those. If you are happy with them i may like to change to those in the rear.
Ok... well, I'm on my 3hr lunch break.. I'll go snap some shots... car is dirty tho.

I'll also try and measure..

Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Ok... well, I'm on my 3hr lunch break.. I'll go snap some shots... car is dirty tho.

I'll also try and measure..
awesome thanks!

Old 09-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Ok, again, only spacers on the rear... here are the shots:

Help at all?

Attached Images       

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spacer Q (Promise I've Searched) w/ 21" Turbo Wheels