Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Looking for Cayenne S Workshop Manuals information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 11:06 PM
wildjeff is infamous around these parts
Looking for Cayenne S Workshop Manuals information

I just took delivery of a 2014 Cayenne S and I’m looking for options on how to get the workshop manual. There are a few things I’ll like to do but mostly I just want to read through them because…..well, I’m weird and I like to know how stuff works

As far as I can tell there are 3 options.

1) The dealer quoted me $3500.00 for the set. That’s right $3500. I don’t mind paying for them but holly cow.

2) Join PIWIS TSI (https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInf...OStart&lk=ELSE) however, I’m a little confused on pricing. Does anyone have access to PIWIS TSI? Is the pricing per page? It also states you have to be a repair shop so I don’t even know if I can get access.

3) Get it from someone who as access. The dealer I bought my cayenne from will print out a few pages for me but I would like to get the entire manual.

Does anyone have any other options? I’m super excited about the car, I have 500 miles and it’s been AWESOME!!!

Old 08-28-2013, 06:46 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I don't know what your dealer is offering because there is no hard copy.

PIWIS is your only semi-legitimate option. It is per-page and most are $1.80, but some are more (Gateway wiring diagram is $8). You have to buy $10 or $100 blocks at a time (or $5k for unlimited access for a year).

Lots of disclaimers that you need to be a tech, but my account works. I found it difficult to set up a US based account and actually contacted their support (was surprised to get an answer). If you go through the default registration there is no US country option and if you select Other Countries it won't let you add money to your account. When you go to the registration page, scroll to the bottom and there is a tiny Other Countries link, follow it, select United States, then use that registration page. It doesn't impact how you login afterwards though.

Some things to note about PIWIS:

1) You are stuck with IE on Windows as they used out of date Adobe tech (Adobe stopped support in 09).

2) The price is per session. So if you close your browser you have to pay again. You can reopen it as often as you want until you logout.

3) Most pages I've seen have only the specific information about what you are looking at and reference other documents. Makes sense, but gets frustrating when paying by the page.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:15 PM
wildjeff is infamous around these parts
Thanks Gnat. The Dealer said they would have to order it from Germany. My assumption is that someone in Germany would print everything out, put it in a binder and ship it out but I don’t know for sure.
Does PIWIS show how many pages are related to a specific vehicle? I’m wondering if it’s cheaper to got the PIWIS route and print everything myself or go through the dealer?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:01 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I've asked a few dealers and all have said that no such thing exists. If it does I would love to get the information to order it myself. One advantage PIWIS will have, however, is that when they update something you'll have access to it while a printed version is done. Another is that you also have access to all the vehicles that PIWIS covers in the event you get another P-Car.

I don't know that there is a number of pages reference available, but it's free to create your account and browse around. You can see all the documents available, just not access them until you add money to the account. You have to select a vehicle (VIN or model info) and then it limits the documents accordingly.

The cost comparison will depend on what documents you need and how many. If you don't need to tear apart the engine (for example), then there are a bunch of documents you simply don't have to purchase (though you can always get them later if you need them).

I print everything to PDF files and save them for future reference. I also do screen grabs of the images as they aren't that clear in the PDF. Then I can just check in the future to see if that particular document has been updated.