Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

BlueSpark Pro+Boost Gen2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Nice Greg. Any issues with CEL's thrown?

Old 02-23-2014, 09:10 PM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Zero, and I'm only a few clicks from running the box at max. BlueSpark finally agreed all those faults I was getting was cuz of a faulty circuit board. That said, it's been cold since I reprogrammed this Gen2 box. It remains to be seen what it will do in the heat of the summer

//greg//

Old 02-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by grohgreg
Zero, and I'm only a few clicks from running the box at max. BlueSpark finally agreed all those faults I was getting was cuz of a faulty circuit board. That said, it's been cold since I reprogrammed this Gen2 box. It remains to be seen what it will do in the heat of the summer //greg//
Thanks, let me know.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Am now able to reprogram Gen2 boxes on a limited basis. Turns out There's a bigger difference between Porsche Euro-mapped ECUs and North American-mapped ECUs. I have the adapter cable and BlueSpark software to bring NA-spec closer to Euro-spec, and still keep it street legal. I'll reprogram for free, you need only cover shipping

//greg//
Greg:

Just re-reading this.

So...if I order a Blue Spark, I will get the NA maps? Or was this something that they are now doing as a rolling change and if I order it now will I get it closer to how you have it re-programmed?

Thanks.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:40 PM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Can't say for sure, but it would only make sense that he'd send a NA-programmed box to a new NA customer. You really should contact BlueSpark for a definitive answer. If they want me to program it, that's fine with me.

//greg//

Old 03-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Can't say for sure, but it would only make sense that he'd send a NA-programmed box to a new NA customer. You really should contact BlueSpark for a definitive answer. If they want me to program it, that's fine with me. //greg//
NA spec.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Per their site there are 4 options available, 3 out of 4 are for the 3.0TDI. One is clearly identified as North America. Greg

ID 4386, 4387, 4388 and NA which is 6604

Am now able to reprogram Gen2 boxes on a limited basis. Turns out There's a bigger difference between Porsche Euro-mapped ECUs and North American-mapped ECUs. I have the adapter cable and BlueSpark software to bring NA-spec closer to Euro-spec, and still keep it street legal. I'll reprogram for free, you need only cover shipping

//greg//
you mentioned you were one of the first to get it in the US so I am wondering if you had the eurospec to begin with and now brought to US spec it works better (which makes sense). i dont remember seeing US spec on their site few months ago. or are you saying that taking an actual confirmed NA box and coding to Eurospec provides gains over the NA box (which makes less sense).

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 03-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Exactly. Being the first in NA to buy one of the boxes from England, neither BlueSpark nor I realized up front that the ECU mapping differed between NA-spec and Euro-spec. Through months of trial and error on the UK end - and feedback from me on the US end - BlueSpark eventually figured out the differences in the Euro vs NA mapping. Hence the recent addition of a NA-spec box from BlueSpark. In the process I obtained the adapter cable and software to reprogram Gen2 boxes that are not already NA-spec.

//greg//

Old 03-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Exactly. Being the first in NA to buy one of the boxes from England, neither BlueSpark nor I realized up front that the ECU mapping differed between NA-spec and Euro-spec. Through months of trial and error on the UK end - and feedback from me on the US end - BlueSpark eventually figured out the differences in the Euro vs NA mapping. Hence the recent addition of a NA-spec box from BlueSpark. In the process I obtained the adapter cable and software to reprogram Gen2 boxes that are not already NA-spec.

//greg//
About to pull the trigger on one of these. Should I just order the NA spec? Greg, would you recommend that I order the Euro spec instead?

Bluespark said ordering in North America, they would send the NA spec.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Perhaps I was not clear. We developed the NA box because the ROW box is not fully compatible with our NA-spec ECU. Definitely order a NA-spec box. That said, I only worked with them on the top of the line (BSP+) box. I don't know if BlueSpark is using the results on their selection of lesser boxes

//greg//

Old 04-10-2014, 10:46 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I pinged them awhile ago about upgrading, but agreed with their "if it ain't broke, don't **** with it" point of view so never followed up. After my Gen1 failed on my FL trip I've been on the fence about replacing it with a Gen2, but the more I drive without the Gen1 installed the more I fall off that fence.

I pinged them again this morning and we are starting the process of returning my Gen1 and replacing it with a Gen2.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:56 PM
My Gen1 box failed on an extended trip as well. Pretty sure it's due to running Euro-maps on an NA-spec ECU. Too much box data outside the ECU parameters. Not one single hiccup out of the Gen2 replacement box so far. Comparably superior performance and economy numbers as well.

//greg//

Old 04-12-2014, 12:21 PM
I really just need to order this thing. If the Cayenne were MY daily driver, I probably would have.

The extra mpg alone is worth it to me.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:50 PM
kbobk is infamous around these parts
I just received my BSP+ today. Will install it tonight or tomorrow. So, do you recommend starting off with the map on "C" and setting at "5"? Any advice where to hang this thing?

Old 04-25-2014, 05:36 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kbobk
I just received my BSP+ today. Will install it tonight or tomorrow. So, do you recommend starting off with the map on "C" and setting at "5"? Any advice where to hang this thing?
Mine shipped today, but if it has long cables like the Gen1 box did, i'll stick it over under the driver side trim panel about the shock tower just like with my old one. That always worked for me.

Somewhere around here there is a picture showing how someone used velcro to mount theirs on top of that same trim piece.

Basically find a place that it won't bounce around or get tangled up with anything. At least to start with you'll want it to be accessible enough so you can get to it while you play with settings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BlueSpark Pro+Boost Gen2