Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:45 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass

I am considering trading my 2012 CTT for a 2014 CTTS. I have found one with most of the options I want but it has the "Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass ". Does anyone have it and if so does it muffle the exhaust note to much ? Also it has the ceramic brakes, which I don't need. Is there higher maintanence with these brakes? Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:00 AM
dyim is infamous around these parts
If I am not mistaken, PCCB should have less maintenance and last longer than steel rotors. However, I am sure when you do need to replace them, it will be $$$.

My SA told me those special glass potentially can affect cell phone reception. You better try that out before buying. I would assume it will also decrease exhaust noise.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:21 AM
JAX GT3 is infamous around these parts
Radar Detectors

Also Radar Detectors can not see through the metallic coatings on this glass.

JohnnyB

Old 12-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I'll chime in since I know much about all those options

Ceramics are perfect, might squeak a bit when cold and slow speed, but worth every penny and also no brake dust! Get them, love them. If you ever wash your car bleed brakes with brake pedal though bc first stop is very soft. Hey should last the life of the car I was told. They are about 2,500/per if they need completely replaced in time. But get them!

As for the thermal insulated glass "get it"!
Yes it does mask the exhaust note but the road noise, wind, side noise while driving is all quieter. My CTT had he burmester so I wanted it and worth every penny.
As for the radAr, there is a spot by the mirror made for radar, that's where you place the device. I had the concede display so I had the visual placed in my cig lighter area, but it worked perfectly every time. And there are upgrades for the V1 if you need it for false readings.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:39 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Listen to Jace.
Those were too must have options for me when I ordered my car.
After 28K miles I still appreciate both on a daily basis.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:44 AM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
Any issues with cell reception? That would be a deal breaker for me.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:39 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
I cannot not tell any difference in cellular reception.
No dropped calls ever.
Also great if you leave dogs in the car in warm weather. The car stays cooler with the thermal glass than without.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:36 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
I also have the Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass option on my 2013. No issues with cell reception and my toll tag works just fine next to the mirror. Haven't tried a radar detector, but probably wont have any issues if it is located in the right spot. it is a worthwhile upgrade.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:03 AM
JAX GT3 is infamous around these parts
Radar Detectors

The area for a Radar Detector on my 2010 Panamera TURBO was quite small and was too high on the glass; Was not able to get the sensor located within the area without magnetic film with my V1 suction cups.

Perhaps it has been fixed in later models.

JohnnyB