Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

ECU tune Cayenne Turbo/Panamera turbo ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXTurbo
When a tune is developed how many cars is the tune optimized across?

How much is potentially left on the table to allow the tune to work with all cars in all environments, altitude, temp and humidity?

Basically can you describe the difference between performance gains with your one size fits all tune and a custom tune? If I sent my car to your facility how much more could you get out of it?
We typically check the software across 2-3 cars in different parts of the country (different environments, fuels, etc..).

For a given mod set, we don't leave anything on the table. If you were to drop the engine, add high flow cats, have a custom set of larger and more efficient intercoolers added, we could probably get more out of it. For basic mods like a cat back, secondary cat delete and/or IPD plenum, we've maxxed out what the cars can do. These ECUs are incredibly adaptive and will make more power on some cars versus others.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:21 PM
bellemarc is infamous around these parts
I have contacted most all company's that do ECU tunes and found that when it comes to the CTT, GIAC seems to be the most knowledgeable and experienced .

Old 02-12-2014, 07:19 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
We typically check the software across 2-3 cars in different parts of the country (different environments, fuels, etc..).

For a given mod set, we don't leave anything on the table. If you were to drop the engine, add high flow cats, have a custom set of larger and more efficient intercoolers added, we could probably get more out of it. For basic mods like a cat back, secondary cat delete and/or IPD plenum, we've maxxed out what the cars can do. These ECUs are incredibly adaptive and will make more power on some cars versus others.
Thanks for the feedback

Old 02-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
The GIAC tune for the Cayenne/Panamera Turbo is a serious night and day difference. The car feels like it shed about 500 pounds between the throttle response and increased power. Anyone looking to do the tune is welcome to contact us with any questions or for help ordering. We are also happy to give discounts to loyal 6speed members.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:50 PM
bellemarc is infamous around these parts
Emmanulle Design could you please introduce yourself. Please tell us a bit about your company. Thanks

Old 02-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bellemarc
Emmanulle Design could you please introduce yourself. Please tell us a bit about your company. Thanks
Of course! We are a relatively new performance shop here in Orange County specializing in upgrades for European automobiles. I actually used to work at GIAC, so I am pretty familiar with their upgrades as well as the supporting modifications. We work closely with GIAC and Champion Motorsport on the performance modifications, and are also distributors for a number of aftermarket companies. You'll frequently see us out at the SoCal Airstrip events such as Shift Sector and No Fly Zone!

Old 02-24-2014, 02:55 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bellemarc
Sharkwerks said that the Evoms tune is hit and miss.
I have the Evom and I am not happy with it. Not a smooth delivery of power. Kind of jerky. I did mine before the GIAC was available. I had the opportunity to drive a Cayenne Turbo with the GIAC and it has a much smoother delivery of power. I should have waited for the GIAC as I had in in my '08 997 Turbo & loved it.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:20 PM
dragonheart is infamous around these parts
to my understanding, normally manufacture warranty is voided for these type of upgrade. Is it still the case with the GIAC mod?

thx.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dragonheart
to my understanding, normally manufacture warranty is voided for these type of upgrade. Is it still the case with the GIAC mod?

thx.

Results with warranty will vary with your dealer. That said, we've not seen issues with these vehicles regarding that. If you're at all worried about it, you can purchase through Champion and they will supplement your warranty.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dragonheart

thx.
I haven't seen issues with warranty. To my knowledge, GIAC is the only software that is carried in select OEM dealerships as well.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:39 PM
rffeo is infamous around these parts
Hello guys, I'm new to this forum but I would like to give my experience with my ECU Tune on my PPT. I was initially considering GIAC, FVD and Softronic for the tune, after much research and speaking to all I went with FVD.
Rhonda from FVD U.S.A. is a great person that responded to all my concerns. I took the ECU out myself in my garage on Sunday and dropped the ECU at FVD in Pompano Beach on Monday. Rhonda said she would try to have the ECU back from Germany by that Friday. For my surprise she emailed me on Friday noon saying the ECU had arrived.
I went to get it and was installing it that same day at home.

Let me tell you that the difference of how the car performs and drives is night and day. It's ridiculously fast. I now get peeks on the boost gauge at 15.6 psi.

Just wanted to share my experience on this thread and let everyone know how happy I am I went with FVD Brombacher for the ECU Tune.