Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

ECU tune Cayenne Turbo/Panamera turbo ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 05:02 PM
bellemarc is infamous around these parts
ECU tune Cayenne Turbo/Panamera turbo ???

I have contacted several software/ecu tuning company's and it seems that GIAC is the ONLY company that currently has a tune for the current models CTT/PTT. If there is something that I'm missing please let me know. thanks

Old 01-31-2014, 09:07 PM
HOiYA is infamous around these parts
The only other option that I have seen mentioned on the forums here is a EVOMS kit. Check out Sharkwerks, since I see that you are in the SF Bay Area.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:49 PM
Sharkwerks said that the Evoms tune is hit and miss.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Giac

I'm going to have IPB-Motorsport do the ecu tune, they are a GIAC dealer with years of experience located in Sacramento (916) 453-1465. If your interested talk to the owner Ron .

Old 02-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Doesn't the DME still have to be bench flashed? GIAC told me it still has to be sent in even if you goto an authorized dealer.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:57 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
My neighbors wife has the FVD tune on her PTT and it is a freakin monster. Contact Rhonda at FVD if you'd like more info.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Giac

yes the ECU has to be sent to GIAC, but dealer will remove unit send it and reinstall.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Sounds tempting, but getting back from them to SF without a car would be problematic. Looking forward to your feedback on the tune when you get it done!

Old 02-01-2014, 12:07 PM
I had the GIAC tune on a 2006 CTT and it was great, more power zero problems !!

Old 02-01-2014, 12:46 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Some dealers that are mod friendly will do it for you. Which is good because you'll get a free loaner.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:30 PM
SStyle is infamous around these parts
It's so strange that after 4 years, Giac is the only tuner to crack the coding on the ecu.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SStyle
It's so strange that after 4 years, Giac is the only tuner to crack the coding on the ecu.
We equate the security on these DMEs to little bank vaults that you can't brute force your way into. The 991TT is even worse.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HOiYA
Sounds tempting, but getting back from them to SF without a car would be problematic. Looking forward to your feedback on the tune when you get it done!
You can pull the DME in your garage if you have basic tools. It's very easy to get to.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by HOiYA
The only other option that I have seen mentioned on the forums here is a EVOMS kit. Check out Sharkwerks, since I see that you are in the SF Bay Area.
This is a piggyback resistor box. From my experiences with our customers who've switched from using them, they tend to go into limp mode a lot and have a small power gain sometimes, no gain others.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:08 AM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
You can pull the DME in your garage if you have basic tools. It's very easy to get to.

When a tune is developed how many cars is the tune optimized across?

How much is potentially left on the table to allow the tune to work with all cars in all environments, altitude, temp and humidity?

Basically can you describe the difference between performance gains with your one size fits all tune and a custom tune? If I sent my car to your facility how much more could you get out of it?

Last edited by TXTurbo; 02-12-2014 at 07:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU tune Cayenne Turbo/Panamera turbo ???