Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2014 Cayenne alarm going off randomly!~!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:47 AM
mmdht2 is infamous around these partsmmdht2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kitae80325
I dropped by the dealer yesterday to disconnect sensor and now i no longer have the issues. Dealer said this was the worst ever recall/campaign from porsche and affected so many of the models and still have not figured out the solution...if u can, ask the dealer to turn off the sensors permanently...seems like thats what porsche recommended the dealer to do....my car is fine now. Infact, i think the interior sensors are pointless anyway.

thanks. I will do the same.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:54 PM
ypcayenne is infamous around these parts
You are a loyal Porsche owner, I'm glad that works for you. I can't custom order and purchase a Porsche (my first) and start de-activating engineered options within 1 week because the factory can't fix it. What's next, are we going to de-activate the cool digital oil level sensors? When that happens there's a bit of a problem because there is no dipstick on the v6 to check the oil. These are the options Porsche puts on their vehicles to separate them from the rest of the pack. PS - I've not been informed of a recall on the "false alarm" issues. Many blogs have said it and I agree it should be, but who has any info on a recall? Porsche North America customer service 7/3/14 - as of today "no info from the factory on how or when or if this will be resolved".

Old 07-09-2014, 07:13 PM
kitae80325 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ypcayenne
You are a loyal Porsche owner, I'm glad that works for you. I can't custom order and purchase a Porsche (my first) and start de-activating engineered options within 1 week because the factory can't fix it. What's next, are we going to de-activate the cool digital oil level sensors? When that happens there's a bit of a problem because there is no dipstick on the v6 to check the oil. These are the options Porsche puts on their vehicles to separate them from the rest of the pack. PS - I've not been informed of a recall on the "false alarm" issues. Many blogs have said it and I agree it should be, but who has any info on a recall? Porsche North America customer service 7/3/14 - as of today "no info from the factory on how or when or if this will be resolved".
Dealers call it a recall but yea not an official recall or campaign...i guess porsche still rolling their heads for the low cost fix for this...

Old 07-10-2014, 12:41 AM
xbellx is infamous around these parts
I've had my platinum diesel for 4 weeks now with the same problem. I was the first to have this problem my dealer told me (in Melbourne Australia). At the beginning they had no idea what it was and were waiting for Germany for the solution. Today I rang to find out, they say the problem is the interior sensor upfront and that they are now waiting on the parts. The part was described as more the bracket for the sensor than the actual sensor itself, even the service department aren't sure if there getting a sensor, bracket or both.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:54 AM
mmdht2 is infamous around these partsmmdht2 is infamous around these parts
my salesperson/dealer is well aware of the problem. he told me the remote deactivate trick when I picked up the car. it's more than annoying that I have to do that every single time I arm the car. my wife took the car out with her friends for lunch and the alarm kept going off because I forgot to tell her to deactivate the sensor-very embarrassing. what's worse is that then she couldn't start the car because she couldn't insert the key into the ignition!!! call the dealer/Porsche with no help. told her to lock and unlock then it should work but it didn't. I drove over with my key and muck around for 10mins and finally got the key in and started the car- double embarrassment and two strikes for Porsche. I have driven exclusively Mercedes in the past 20yrs including the cheapest C220 all the way to new S400 hybrid and CL600 V12-never any problem like this in a new car. I kept telling myself that maybe this is because I got the "cheap" Porsche. to be honest, my wife's W164 ML350 drives better than the base Cayenne in eco mode- I hope it will be different when the break in period is over and the car in sport mode. I'm going to reserve my opinion on Porsche until I buy a 911 4S.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:15 AM
elfer4s is infamous around these parts
Received the same interim remedy from our dealer for our Platinum diesel. What a PITA!

Sad commentary on the recent JD Power award regarding initial quality of the brand.

Carl

Old 07-10-2014, 07:34 AM
uoL24 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mmdht2
my salesperson/dealer is well aware of the problem. he told me the remote deactivate trick when I picked up the car. it's more than annoying that I have to do that every single time I arm the car. my wife took the car out with her friends for lunch and the alarm kept going off because I forgot to tell her to deactivate the sensor-very embarrassing. what's worse is that then she couldn't start the car because she couldn't insert the key into the ignition!!! call the dealer/Porsche with no help. told her to lock and unlock then it should work but it didn't. I drove over with my key and muck around for 10mins and finally got the key in and started the car- double embarrassment and two strikes for Porsche. I have driven exclusively Mercedes in the past 20yrs including the cheapest C220 all the way to new S400 hybrid and CL600 V12-never any problem like this in a new car. I kept telling myself that maybe this is because I got the "cheap" Porsche. to be honest, my wife's W164 ML350 drives better than the base Cayenne in eco mode- I hope it will be different when the break in period is over and the car in sport mode. I'm going to reserve my opinion on Porsche until I buy a 911 4S.
Idk… I traded my W164 ML350 for the “cheap” Cayenne (V6) & I have to say I enjoy the Cayenne better. Comparing them both stock & modded, I give the edge to the Cayenne. Granted the Cayenne seems to be a bit more problematic, but before I lowered my ML the handling was boaty.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	395861  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Porsche case#s and documentation

I'll let you know if "the part" Porsche service installed yesterday solves the problem. Yes, "a part" with our name on it showed up to the service dept and it was installed right away. The Salesman just finished telling me on the phone that the false alarms were a software issue, Porsche North America continued to say nothing, and after almost a month, our local Porsche service dept got us "a part". Maybe my written request to begin "arbitration" on Porsche buying my car back under the California lemon law moved us up on the part list?

Old 07-12-2014, 10:58 AM
"The part" solved the problem, it appears to be fixed. So far 2days and no false alarms and no, they did not disconnect the internal sensor. (we tested it) So there is a fix, get on this list and get your part installed. We got a cool mailing from Porsche North America, certificate of authenticity? Would have much preferred a recall notice on the alarm issue so as to know they had a plan on fixing it. I give an "F" for Porsche communication on this Cayenne problem, but it appears they are a bit distracted with the Macan roll out issues. Enjoy your Porsche but get out from under the ether, it's a car.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:33 AM
xbellx is infamous around these parts
Just had my alarm issue rectified by the dealer. It involves replacing the whole upper section in front of the sunroof that houses the interior light/sunroof/sunshade/homelink buttons, which internally has the alarm sensors in it.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:23 AM
Dale Smith is infamous around these parts
Me 2

I just had this happened to me in my 04 cayenne. I pulled up 2 work locked my doors n 5 min. Later the alarm wouldent go off till 4 hr later WTF😭😭😭 and the tail lights and top stip lights stayed on. I droved the car like a qt. Mile n parked it tell me y when i set my arlarm on the car 8min. Later there was no issue.🤗 but the car kno. When she fills a certian way. Nothing major just overlook it shes in a new enviroment😋

Old 01-22-2017, 01:24 AM
Dale Smith is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kitae80325
Pls pls help me i just got my 2014 cayenne plat edition and i love love love it but as soon as i brought it to my driveway the first time yesterday my alarm would start going off after about 5min I lock the car. Today it randomly went off after about an hour!! It's driving me crazy!!~ this is my first porsche pls help. Has it happened to anyone???~ I would bring it to service but the problem is I am going abroad for a month and this thing is going to be sitting in my garage during that time and I don't want it happen again and drain all the battery!!~~
Originally Posted by Dale Smith
I just had this happened to me in my 04 cayenne. I pulled up 2 work locked my doors n 5 min. Later the alarm wouldent go off till 4 hr later WTF😭😭😭 and the tail lights and top stip lights stayed on. I droved the car like a qt. Mile n parked it tell me y when i set my arlarm on the car 8min. Later there was no issue.🤗 but the car kno. When she fills a certian way. Nothing major just overlook it shes in a new enviroment😋
its time to enjoy her