Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GIAC Tune installed on my 2014 CTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
When you press the "sport" button, is their a bigger difference then before?

Old 06-24-2014, 05:39 PM
HOiYA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fkim011
When you press the "sport" button, is their a bigger difference then before?
I did most of the drive back in Sport mode. The difference between sport and non-sport is significant. Today I was driving in non-sport mode a I was cruising in the city. The power seems to be smoother on acceleration in the city.

I would definitely recommend it, especially since you are in GIAC's backyard!

Old 06-24-2014, 06:03 PM
bellemarc is infamous around these parts
My best description with GIAC tune is regular mode is like a jet, and sport mode is like a rocket ship !!!

Old 06-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bellemarc
My best description with GIAC tune is regular mode is like a jet, and sport mode is like a rocket ship !!!

We love our big displacement twin turbo V8s! The power band potential from them is just fantastic to experience.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HOiYA
Let me start off by saying that I blame bellemarc for my upgrade itch!

Recently I went drove down to SoCal from SF. It was the first time I have been able to really punch my '14 CTTS. The power was awesome! However, the turbo lag was noticeable, but I didn't think it was horrible. Needless to say I was grinning all the way down.

While down in Anaheim, I stopped by Emmanuel Design to have the GIAC tune applied. A shout out to Thomas for picking me up and dropping me off from my hotel (Disneyland ). I was looking forward to the drive home to test out the tune!

All I can saw is WOW!
Like bellemarc said, they power is immediate. The boost builds up so much faster it was like I was driving a different car. I constantly looked for slower cars to over take as the speed rush was exhilarating!
Thanks for stopping by, and glad to hear that you are enjoying it! It worked out perfectly with you being right down the street.

Gotta love blowing by sports cars in a 5,000+ pound SUV

For those interested in the tune for their Cayenne Turbo, feel free to send me a PM for more information. We're happy to offer special pricing for 6speed members!

Last edited by Emmanuele Design; 07-09-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 PM
xray doc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bellemarc

Any change in the exhaust note after the GIAC flash? I'm thinking not, but can't hurt to ask. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Do not notice any change in the way exhaust sounds

Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 AM
The only change in sound is due to a heavier left foot now!

Old 07-30-2014, 11:44 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
hopefully this doesnt offend anyone but why didn't either of you guys go with EVOMSit since sharkwerks is in your backyard? i contemplated going with giac on my 997tt but went with EVOMSit instead since thats what sharkwerks used...

this time around i may give giac a try since it seems like most cayenne owners are going with giac, but both companies are reputable

Old 07-30-2014, 11:48 PM
I forgot which thread I was reading, but one other forum member here had the EVOMSKit. It's a piggy back system and from his feedback, he wasn't quite happy with it. Also hearing how Pepper kept raving about how much he liked his GIAC, how could I say no!

Old 07-31-2014, 12:01 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Understood. Does this mean their tune for the 997tt was also a piggyback?

Old 07-31-2014, 12:07 AM
Sharkwerks is a great company but they do NOT offer a tune for the CTT. Also after my extensive research I strongly believe that GIAC has the best tune ,

Old 07-31-2014, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
I forgot which thread I was reading, but one other forum member here had the EVOMSKit. It's a piggy back system and from his feedback, he wasn't quite happy with it. Also hearing how Pepper kept raving about how much he liked his GIAC, how could I say no!
Duffy is the person you're likely referring to. He had a piggyback on his 958 and actually drove a friend's 958 CTT with GIAC installed, if I recall correctly. I believe that 958 was the first and last Porsche he didn't have GIAC installed on

Old 07-31-2014, 02:20 PM
Austin,

Any updates on the ETA for the flash hand switcher for the 958?

Old 08-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor
Austin,

Any updates on the ETA for the flash hand switcher for the 958?
Our engineers are still working on the code for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC Tune installed on my 2014 CTT