Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GIAC Tune installed on my 2014 CTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:14 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I had bypass pipes and the EVOMS piggyback on my CTT. It made huge gains from my butt dyno, but I believe the GIAC would of been much better.
I had the EVOMS on my GT2 and it was a real flash not a piggyback, and it was huge enough gains to burn out the stock clutch within 500 miles of the tune.

Now with the S6, I got the GIAC tune. I can say that no mod ever has given me a bigger difference in power gains and by a large margin. From now on if I am doing a tune on a turbo'd car it will be GIAC.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:35 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the clarification.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:03 AM
gaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of light
Who is doing GIAC tune's in Dallas ?? Anyone here, just picked up a 2012 Cayenne Turbo and looking for a Dallas tuner.

Thanks

Old 09-03-2014, 10:14 AM
HOiYA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gaatr
Who is doing GIAC tune's in Dallas ?? Anyone here, just picked up a 2012 Cayenne Turbo and looking for a Dallas tuner.

Thanks
At this point it doesn't really matter if you find a local tuner. The GIAC tune for the 958 is bench flashed, meaning you have to send in your DME to GIAC. There is a thread on how to remove your DME. I can tell you it is definitely a significant boost in power and well worth it!

Old 09-03-2014, 10:24 AM
gaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of light
So find a reseller from here, call them and purchase? DO I send the DME direct to GIAC or does it have to go to the reseller first?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:29 AM
I went with Emmanuele Design and others have gone with GIAC direct. Both are board sponsors here. Having a local guy is good to answer questions, but you also get that here. So it really comes down to personal choice.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks chief. Appreciate your help.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !

Thanks
If you don't mind a trip to Plano, contact Larry at Porsche of Plano. He'll help you get it taken care of.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
If you don't mind a trip to Plano, contact Larry at Porsche of Plano. He'll help you get it taken care of.
Tom, so that's where I bought the car. Going back to Porsche to get the tune would suggest they still warranty under CPO, would that be the correct assumption?

I have 34k under regular warranty but then CPO thru Feb 2019...

Old 09-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Tom, so that's where I bought the car. Going back to Porsche to get the tune would suggest they still warranty under CPO, would that be the correct assumption?

I have 34k under regular warranty but then CPO thru Feb 2019...
That would be a conversation I'd have with the dealer. It's not something I can answer on their behalf.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
So find a reseller from here, call them and purchase? DO I send the DME direct to GIAC or does it have to go to the reseller first?
We can help you get sorted with the GIAC tune as well. With our DIY video, you can have the DME removed from the car in less than 10 minutes. Since you're out of state, you also save a good bit on sales tax. Feel free to send me a PM and we'll get you sorted

Old 09-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Appreciate it.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:47 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Duffy is the person you're likely referring to. He had a piggyback on his 958 and actually drove a friend's 958 CTT with GIAC installed, if I recall correctly. I believe that 958 was the first and last Porsche he didn't have GIAC installed on
Yes Austin, I have the EVOMS in my 2011 Cayenne Turbo. The reason I got it was because the GIAC was not available yet. In fact a considerable amount of time elapsed from when the EVOMs unit was installed in my Cayenne until the GIAC became available. While Evoms does give a nice increase in power, it is not a smooth delivery of the power. I didn't realize how "rough" it was until I had a chance to drive one with the GIAC. IMHO there is no comparison. I've owned a few 997 Turbos with the GIAC tune and was extremely happy. Should have waited as the extra time GIAC put into developing there tune really is evident. I am about to order a 2015 and will have the GIAC & secondary cat bypass pipes installed before I pick it up. Fortunately I have a very mod friendly dealer.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:54 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xray doc
Any change in the exhaust note after the GIAC flash? I'm thinking not, but can't hurt to ask. Thanks.
Add secondary cat bypass pipes. Really improves the sound. I know in my 997 Turbos, adding an exhaust is almost mandatory if adding the GIAC. The engine NEEDS to breathe better for engine health. Also the HP increase is a lot more with both tune & exhaust as opposed to tune alone. I don't know if this is true with the Cayenne Turbo. Austin, can you elaborate? Also is there a difference in hp between tune alone, tune & secondary cat bypass pipes & tune a new entire exhaust in the Cayenne?

Old 09-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Austin, can you elaborate? Also is there a difference in hp between tune alone, tune & secondary cat bypass pipes & tune a new entire exhaust in the Cayenne?
I'd be interested in knowing this as well. Currently deciding between a full exhaust (Akra Evo) and/or bypass pipes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC Tune installed on my 2014 CTT