Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GIAC Tune installed on my 2014 CTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Add secondary cat bypass pipes. Really improves the sound. I know in my 997 Turbos, adding an exhaust is almost mandatory if adding the GIAC. The engine NEEDS to breathe better for engine health. Also the HP increase is a lot more with both tune & exhaust as opposed to tune alone. I don't know if this is true with the Cayenne Turbo. Austin, can you elaborate? Also is there a difference in hp between tune alone, tune & secondary cat bypass pipes & tune a new entire exhaust in the Cayenne?
We haven't tested the latest updates in a car with bolt ons, but our dealers have reported that there is a notable difference. We would be interested in testing a car like that if a customer local to us had the combination.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:56 PM
gaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of light
Just received my DME back from Emmanuele Design for my '12 CTT. This thing is pretty damn quick. No additional mods just yet, so the car is currently stock with just a GIAC tune.

Bypass pipe are on order, so that should also be interesting to feel/hear.

Thanks Austin@GIAC and Thomas @ Emmanuele Design for the quick turn (3 days) from Dallas to Cali and back... More to come.

Turbo's spool faster to 1.0 or 1.1 bar boost (on the gauge), and the car feels lighter... Happy GIAC client.

Now it really feels like we need snappier shifts (anyone with thoughts..?) Cheers.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3dd.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	411624  
Old 01-09-2015, 02:00 PM
HOiYA is infamous around these parts
Austin,

Any word on the availability of the hand switcher? I had my tune done last summer and was told that the switcher was "around the corner".

Old 01-13-2015, 10:22 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HOiYA
Austin,

Any word on the availability of the hand switcher? I had my tune done last summer and was told that the switcher was "around the corner".
2nd... would love to know if it's available.... been thinking of doing the Giac tune for a while and if this available it just may push me over the edge....

Old 01-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HOiYA
Austin,

Originally Posted by str8blst
2nd... would love to know if it's available.... been thinking of doing the Giac tune for a while and if this available it just may push me over the edge....

Just checked with GIAC, and unfortunately switching is not available yet. Just the 93 octane pump gas flash.

But...don't let that dissuade you...the flash is DEFINITELY worth it.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:18 PM
mizu20 is infamous around these partsmizu20 is infamous around these parts
I have a vorsteiner exhaust with fabspeed secondary bypass pipes installed. Would like to do the GIAC tune and have you test it if interested, which I'm located in Irvine as well.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:40 AM
mizu20 is infamous around these partsmizu20 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
We haven't tested the latest updates in a car with bolt ons, but our dealers have reported that there is a notable difference. We would be interested in testing a car like that if a customer local to us had the combination.
I have a vorsteiner exhaust with fabspeed secondary bypass pipes installed. Would like to do the GIAC tune and have you test it if interested, which I'm located in Irvine as well.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:21 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
How much power does this tune ad? Has anyone dyno'd yet?