Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2014 Cayenne Diesel Battery - Dead Already?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
Message Removed

Message Removed

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 06-29-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:53 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I won't argue with you if Rockville is one of the dealers you don't like. I'm done with them, but Tyson's has treated me well so far and I'm historically biased against them.

Definitely something wrong and not a common issue. You might swing by an auto parts store or an Indy and have the electrical system tested before you take it to the dealer. Your battery is probably shot at this point, but it's worth knowing if there is something else going on that may have killed the battery (for example a bad voltage regulator on the alternator and overcharge and kill a battery).

If you throw a new battery in without a good test of the electrical system first you could be looking at another dead battery in your near future regardless of who installs it. That's also an incentive to have the dealer fix it even though they'll probably just cheap out and slap a new battery in without any diagnostics. Then it's not coming out of your pocket.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:40 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Well, don't know if two makes a "history". But I just had mine replaced under warranty. Took a long time to convince Porsche North America, but they finally relented. Problem was actually there from new, but got worse with time. Between the time I pointed out the issue to the dealer - and the time that Porsche finally coughed up a new battery - I endured another 5000 miles of ongoing low battery issues.

//greg//

Old 06-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Never had an issue with our 2014 in 13000 miles.