Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

958 Hood Emblem Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:07 PM
TD Pcar is infamous around these parts
958 Hood Emblem Replacement

My original hood emblem took a rock dead-center so I replaced it with a new one from Suncoast. While a simple repair, I learned a few details worth passing along. For starters, the original 958 Cayenne crest was replaced by a new part that is much nicer than the original smooth crest. The new version has texture to it and has nicely defined details. The old part number stamped on the back of the original crest is 997.559.211.00 while the new crest is stamped 991.559.211.00. The parts number on the box the new crest came in was 95855960102. As stated in other emblem threads, an 8mm 1/4" ratchet is needed to remove and replace the speednuts that are recessed on each side of the hood latch. Make sure the hood is level during removal and install, and a piece of electric tape over the new crest helps hold it in position while setting the new speed nuts.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	416468  
Old 03-16-2015, 04:19 PM

Installed<br/>

Old 03-17-2015, 01:31 AM
Always Up is infamous around these partsAlways Up is infamous around these parts
It is good to know that the new badges are secured by nuts. I remember seeing that the older ones were secured only by adhesive.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:23 AM
mmdht2 is infamous around these partsmmdht2 is infamous around these parts
you are so lucky that the rock hit the emblem which is replaceable. I removed the emblem and reinstalled it when I put on the xpel for the whole hood and front bumper. your hood looks good from the pic. don't see any rock chips. much cleaner than my car it's going to snow again here on Friday >(

Old 03-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by mmdht2
you are so lucky that the rock hit the emblem which is replaceable. I removed the emblem and reinstalled it when I put on the xpel for the whole hood and front bumper. your hood looks good from the pic. don't see any rock chips. much cleaner than my car it's going to snow again here on Friday >(
Yes, I definitely was "lucky" the stone hit something easily replaceable. The picture doesn't show the degree of damage done to the clear layer before getting to the color layer. Had it hit paint or the windshield...ouch. My hood is pretty clean, I only have a couple of very small pebble marks that I can fix with a tiny paint dab. I am contemplating Xpel, I just am not sure if it is worth the investment if I potentially move on to another Porsche model next year. I love my 958 CS but the jet black metallic is so soft it is killing me to maintain. Looks awesome when clean though...

Old 03-18-2015, 09:24 AM
mmdht2 is infamous around these partsmmdht2 is infamous around these parts
Porsche paint is ridiculously soft. wiping with new microfiber cloth can leave marks. MB's paint is much harder. I did the xpel hood myself. very easy to do. got the 60"width sheet and cut it yourself. very cheap too. about $100 I think for the material. bumper is much harder to do to line up all of the holes and stretch around the fog lights. I have a solid black cayenne.