Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Power window does not stay up. Alarm test?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:14 AM
mep1811 is infamous around these parts
Power window does not stay up. Alarm test?

y 2013 Cayenne was broken into. The D/S passenger window was smashed. Now with the glass replaced, the window will not stay up.

When I try to raise the window, the glass goes to the top and immediately the glass goes down to the halfway point. I can close the window only if I slowly "bump" the glass up small increments at a time.

Any ideas before I have to go to the dealer four hours away?

Is there anyway to test the alarm system? I am wondering if the alarm was working as I did not hear it with my room next to the driveway.

Thanks

Old 12-17-2015, 12:01 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mep1811
y 2013 Cayenne was broken into. The D/S passenger window was smashed. Now with the glass replaced, the window will not stay up.

When I try to raise the window, the glass goes to the top and immediately the glass goes down to the halfway point. I can close the window only if I slowly "bump" the glass up small increments at a time.

Any ideas before I have to go to the dealer four hours away?

Is there anyway to test the alarm system? I am wondering if the alarm was working as I did not hear it with my room next to the driveway.

Thanks
The alarm is an intrusion alarm - it won't detect glass breakage. Arm the alarm and then open a door using the key - if working properly, it should go off.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:25 PM
Thanks but according to the manual there is a passenger compartment monitoring system that I would think would trigger when the thief was inside the car.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:55 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mep1811
Thanks but according to the manual there is a passenger compartment monitoring system that I would think would trigger when the thief was inside the car.
Did you determine that the alarm works when the door is opened with the key? Step 2 then would be to sit in the car, arm the alarm and then move about, wave your arms, etc. to see if the interior motion detector works. Positive results to both tests should tell you if the system is working properly. If so, don't know why the thief didn't trigger the alarm. Let us know what you determine.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:38 AM
jab23 has a spectacular aura aboutjab23 has a spectacular aura about
The window sound like it wasn't adjusted properly. It's too tight at the top of it's limit and going back down as a safety measure.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by jab23
The window sound like it wasn't adjusted properly. It's too tight at the top of it's limit and going back down as a safety measure.
Agree - dealer should be able to adjust the anti-pinch feature.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:44 PM
The glass has been re-seated a couple of times with the same results. I was hoping to avoid a four hour trip to the dealer.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:22 PM
Robotpedlr is infamous around these partsRobotpedlr is infamous around these parts
On my RRS you could reset the top stop limit of the window by rolling it all the way up and then pulling up on both the driver/passenger window switch (and holding it in the up position) for a couple of seconds. That would let it re-calibrate the top.

Not sure if Porsche works the same way, but would be easy to try...

Old 01-27-2016, 09:44 AM
Problem solved by closing the window with the door closed. After that, the window operates correctly.