Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

LED DRL Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 12:04 PM
RickDC is infamous around these parts
LED DRL Change

I have a MY2014 CD. I'm not into the bling of the LED DRL's (I'm in Canada so they're required) and prefer the look of the 2015's.

Is there any way of changing the wiring so that the CCFL strip that is used when the headlights are on, is on rather than using the LED strip?

Old 03-07-2016, 02:57 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RickDC
Is there any way of changing the wiring so that the CCFL strip that is used when the headlights are on, is on rather than using the LED strip?
Rick, there are no CCFLs on the Cayenne.

I'm not exactly what you are after here though. The 2014 CD is the .1 which means (unless you've modified it) the DRLs are in the signal bars in the bumper.

If you have modified (e.g. installed the TT bumper and/or headlights) then it may be possible to return it to stock functionality, but I'd need to know more about your current configuration and what you are trying to accomplish to offer any specific input.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:45 PM

Gnat, in the photo the top shows the top row of LED's light as DRL. Bottom row is turn signal.
When headlights are on there's a CCFL (or CCFL looking ;-) ) strip between the LED's (bottom of the photo) that is lit.

My thoughts are that I prefer the CCFL section only lit WITHOUT the headlights on rather than the top (more subtle and less bling).. Not sure if that clears it up, or adds to confusion!! ;-) Without taking it all apart, wondered if anyone else had done this first.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:16 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I never noticed that before I did the bumper swap, but then I never used the DRLs anyway

I can tell you that it is a pain to get the bars out as the bumper has to come off. Once off the units are a single sealed unit, so you can't just pop it open and disconnect a wire.

You could look at the info in my DIY thread for the bumper swap adapters. You might be able to build a harness adapter than can make it happen for you.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Thanks gnat.. much appreciated :-) I'll take a look!