Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Puddle lights with logo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 04:33 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Puddle lights with logo

Sure, it's a bit cheesy, but here's what it looks like having the regular door lights and a projector replacement.

The regular ones are apparently still incandescent? While the interior ones are all bright-as-an-80's-kitchen-fluorescent-white. The projectors are a somewhere in-between.

Fitment was a breeze, just gently pull the existing ones out, pinch the power connector loose and plug in the replacement and pop it right back into the door card. No tools and 5 minutes time. $20 for them on Amazon

The factory ones do have a more generous spread of light. I may leave them in the back for passengers.

Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2016, 04:36 PM
And here's a shot of the logo, looking from the driver seat. I can't say it's the sharpest image I've seen from a projector. But it's decent enough. I'd kinda like 'PORSCHE' lettering instead of the emblem, but this probably allows more light.

Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2016, 05:33 PM
TJtheDJ is infamous around these parts
Well I am in for a set. My buddy has these on his Range Rover and what the hell I had 35 bucks credit on Amazon to try them out! Thanks!

Old 12-02-2016, 09:59 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by wkearney99
And here's a shot of the logo, looking from the driver seat. I can't say it's the sharpest image I've seen from a projector. But it's decent enough. I'd kinda like 'PORSCHE' lettering instead of the emblem, but this probably allows more light.
It projects nicely, if Porsche fitted those would probably be about 650 (b&w, color is more) per door... then it wouldn't be cheesy...

Old 12-03-2016, 11:56 AM
I am going to look into what it'd take to replace the incandescents in the rear tailgate. It's a bit discordant having the bright LED inside and then the yellow ones on the hatch itself. I suppose there's some reason for it (like Porsche being cheap) but I'd rather have one look or the other, not a mismatch.

So the question becomes what bulb is in there and what LEDs match the factory stuff?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:33 AM
ohnoyuji is infamous around these parts
I had these 2 years ago. But they fades after 1 years.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by ohnoyuji
I had these 2 years ago. But they fades after 1 years.
Could be, I wouldn't expect too much from a $20 accessory like this. I'd prefer one that didn't use any colors. But have as yet not come across any. The one for my wife's Mini came with interchangeable elements with different patterns. I didn't pull this one apart but it didn't seem to have as easy a way to change it, nor did it come with anything else.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:03 AM
TJtheDJ is infamous around these parts
Well I installed mine. I like them actually! Thanks for the info!

Old 12-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Ok, so I discovered that nobody yet makes an LED-based replacement for the door/tailgate red/white light assembly. So I ordered some LED replacements and installed them into my '17 GTS. They arrived earlier today and I just took 10 minutes to install all four of them.

These were from Bold-Sport. These are the hyperwhite/red style.

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/inde...product_id=123

The 'hyperwhite' is basically the same 5000k shade of white as the rest of the factory LEDs. Interestingly the circuit board has both white and red LEDs on it. It's not just depending on the color the plastic to create the color. These only appear to fit one-way, which is fine as they worked perfectly.

The trick is knowing those red/white plastic lenses fit 'over' the base. There's small tabs on the base that fit indents in the lenses. You remove the lenses by pushing a plastic tool of some sort into the base, just under the lens. This will let the lens pop off. It's tough enough plastic, mine survived the drop. Re-installing the lens requires getting one side of the tabs over the base and then pushing the other side over the others. You could also pull the whole assembly out of the door card, it's just held in by spring-fit tabs.

Either way, just pull out the wedge bulb and put the replacement board into the socket. It's a 5 minute job.

The tailgate pictures didn't turn out as well, I'll try to take others. The amount of light doesn't seem any greater than the incandescent bulbs. Not as much of an improvement as the doors, those are noticeably better.

Attached Images    

Last edited by wkearney99; 12-17-2016 at 05:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.