Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Video: Wicked Cayenne Turbo w/ Bolt-ons - Dyno ~ 675 hp / 710 tq [HD 1080P] [Graph]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Onefastride
Two words for you OP, holy ****. You did this all yourself also man I need to learn how to work on this thing... The panels **** me off so I just pay the labor...
Hahaha.. I hear you. I take pride in self-reliance. Also it is an easier sell to my other half when I only have to pay "parts"

Seriously though, I have access to the original porsche service manual and a section of PIWIS if I need more information. I would not do any work without having these tools available. And "no", I am not a mechanic - just a car nut in his garage on the weekends

Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Damn Kent!! Those are awesome numbers! Congrats on your beast Sounds amazing and looks amazing. Now do the intercooler, hard pipes and MOAR BOOST. lol
Thanks! I am getting a little nervous about the tranny, so I think an additional inline tranny cooler is probably next. I am a little worried about getting the right fittings since this is not your typical domestic application. I do not want to tear into her, only to have to wait several weeks trying to figure out the plumbing. Any ideas?

Then bigger intercoolers, better IC piping, and "MOAR BOOST"....(just a little more)... lol

Originally Posted by rbb1991
Kent, those are crazy numbers!! I don't have a man-crush, but I do have a Cayenne crush on that beast!!

What are your thoughts on how well the other parts(driveshafts, differential etc) will hold up with the added power?

Hahahaha... this has to be the funniest post! Winner, winner, chicken-dinner! Considering there have been a couple of other tuners in the 700hp/tq range, I think I am still in charted territory (barely). It is also a truck made tow close to 9,000 lbs with ~500 hp/tq stock, so most of the components are overly-beefy. I think I will have an issue with the tranny first (due to additional heat, more torque when shifting, and towing situations), then blow through cardan shaft center bearings at an accelerated pace... last one only lasted 33K miles

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 10-25-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:41 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Kent I was planning on having a custom all aluminum radiator made for the beast this winter....and upgrade to an external tranny cooler as well at that time. Let me know if you are interested in the radiator upgrade!! I'm so far behind the 8-ball now with my beastie! I need to catch up and get on the dyno!

Old 10-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Kent I was planning on having a custom all aluminum radiator made for the beast this winter....and upgrade to an external tranny cooler as well at that time. Let me know if you are interested in the radiator upgrade!! I'm so far behind the 8-ball now with my beastie! I need to catch up and get on the dyno!
Cool ... I haven't seen any overheating from mt CTTS yet. As a matter of fact, I have never seen it move one bit past dead-center no matter how hard I drove her. I have some documentation from Porsche detailing how they complete revamped the cooling system in the 4.8 (it is not just a bored/stroked 4.5). So I think I will pass on the radiator for now.

However, I am definitely interested in the external tranny cooler. Are you planning on running 1 large external tranny cooler or plumbing both units inline? I wanted to do the latter, but the plumbing will be more complicated.

When are you planning on getting this done?

Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
It depends on my radiator setup. If I get it built with the internal tran cooler, then I will add an external unit and fan (B&M unit) after the radiator cooler. Just depends. Hoping on December/February if time permits. I've seen my temps notch up past a little past 180 with my FMIC on hot days, romping on it and I really want to keep the large FMIC, so bigger radiator will make me feel better I'll keep you in the loop on it!

Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
It depends on my radiator setup. If I get it built with the internal tran cooler, then I will add an external unit and fan (B&M unit) after the radiator cooler. Just depends. Hoping on December/February if time permits. I've seen my temps notch up past a little past 180 with my FMIC on hot days, romping on it and I really want to keep the large FMIC, so bigger radiator will make me feel better I'll keep you in the loop on it!
Cool - please do, I am definitely interested and may veer out on my own (I have a tendency to do this). I am thinking the largest B&M cooler I can find and AN fittings with braided cable lines. Just need to figure out the fittings

Old 10-26-2012, 02:33 PM
if you tackle it before I do...let me/us know! I had a large B&M unit with Fan in mind. A buddy runs that on his Th400/drag setup and it seems to do the job pretty well.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:31 PM
joefadams is infamous around these parts
Wow! Amazing stuff Kent. Very impressive

Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 PM
ChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to behold
I wish we knew how much the Turbo S intake manifold and the primary cat delete contributed to this total, individually, so we can rationalize the money spent on that manifold.

Every consider spraying a little nitrous?

Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisGUGA
I wish we knew how much the Turbo S intake manifold and the primary cat delete contributed to this total, individually, so we can rationalize the money spent on that manifold.
From someone who is constantly analyzing everything, I can appreciate the perspective. I was going after guaranteed gains on a forced induction application, so I could not rationalize the $100 per dyno run + time off from work for each additional mod. I chose to dyno at the end to vindicate my mods cumulatively.

Every consider spraying a little nitrous?
Briefly, Yes. But at this point, it is a strong No. This is a daily driver, not a weekend car for me. So I do not want to make it more unreliable by introducing the potential of major engine damage from sustained nitrous usage. Not to mention that a replacement engine alone is north of $20K. For me, it is not worth the risk.

Realistically, how much hp is enough? I am well in the realm of diminishing returns for my own tastes.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:25 PM
ChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to behold
I also (over)analyze everything and look for unique solutions and approaches.

Do any companies make aftermarket torque converters for the Cayenne? 60 foot times are very soft for this vehicle considering the power many are making and the AWD. I could see a mild 2800 rpm converter with a beefier STR being the ticket to 1.7 60 foot times and 11 second runs.

For example, I used to race around in my '99 Trans Am back in college. A friend had a bolt-on '00 Z28 and cut his 1/4 mile time from a 13.4 to a 12.4 with just a Yank converter and drag radials.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
I also (over)analyze everything and look for unique solutions and approaches.

Do any companies make aftermarket torque converters for the Cayenne? 60 foot times are very soft for this vehicle considering the power many are making and the AWD. I could see a mild 2800 rpm converter with a beefier STR being the ticket to 1.7 60 foot times and 11 second runs.

For example, I used to race around in my '99 Trans Am back in college. A friend had a bolt-on '00 Z28 and cut his 1/4 mile time from a 13.4 to a 12.4 with just a Yank converter and drag radials.
Yep, the 955/957 platform would hugely benefit from a torque converter swap. I have the fastest 955 Cayenne on Dragtimes, and the best 60' was a 1.971 on my 13.181 @ 105.8 pass. http://www.dragtimes.com/Porsche-Cay...lip-22193.html

The 958 sixty foots much better. I was able to cut a 1.779 with the stock tune and the only mods being bypass pipes and filters which netted a 12.5 @ 109.75. http://www.dragtimes.com/Porsche-Cay...lip-25192.html

Old 05-08-2013, 01:37 PM
ez1973 is infamous around these partsez1973 is infamous around these parts
[quote=PianoProdigy;3842915]Yep, the 955/957 platform would hugely benefit from a torque converter swap. I have the fastest 955 Cayenne on Dragtimes, and the best 60' was a 1.971 on my 13.181 @ 105.8 pass. http://www.dragtimes.com/Porsche-Cay...lip-22193.html

If you don't mind me asking, What mods did you have on the 955 to get that 1/4 mile time?

Old 05-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I assume the weight difference is the biggest reason for the 60' improvement? If the torque converter is different, I wonder if you could install the 958 unit on a 957? I wonder if Yank or Vig would be interested in looking into a 957 converter if someone bought a used unit for them for testing? People spend solid money in these Cayennes and I think people would line up to buy a converter for $1500 that cut 1/4 miles times by 0.5 or more.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:33 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
[quote=ez1973;3843085]
Originally Posted by PianoProdigy
Yep, the 955/957 platform would hugely benefit from a torque converter swap. I have the fastest 955 Cayenne on Dragtimes, and the best 60' was a 1.971 on my 13.181 @ 105.8 pass. http://www.dragtimes.com/Porsche-Cay...lip-22193.html

If you don't mind me asking, What mods did you have on the 955 to get that 1/4 mile time?
Mods are listed on that link: EVOMS tune, IPD/RSS plenum, EVOMS intakes, Sharkwerks secondary bypass pipes and a bit of 100 octane mixed with 93 octane. Weather was beautiful for Florida, cool and dry.

I never got the car retuned after I installed the primary cat delete and the meth injection, so it actually never went faster with the new mods party because of it needing an update to the tune to take advantage of both and partly because I never go such amazing weather again though I am positive it could have gone 12s had I gotten a custom tune.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 AM
2gofast is infamous around these parts
Looks like I have some more inspiration now for upgrading my 06 TTS

Great results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Wicked Cayenne Turbo w/ Bolt-ons - Dyno ~ 675 hp / 710 tq [HD 1080P] [Graph]