Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Video: Wicked Cayenne Turbo w/ Bolt-ons - Dyno ~ 675 hp / 710 tq [HD 1080P] [Graph]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Video: Wicked Cayenne Turbo w/ Bolt-ons - Dyno ~ 675 hp / 710 tq [HD 1080P] [Graph]

Just got my 957 CTT(S) dyno'd after most of my engine performance mods are complete to see where I netted out. Most people are aware that with an ECU tune, diverter valves, intake and secondary bypass pipes, this engine is good for about 600 hp / 600 tq @ crank - an easy 100 hp gain over stock.

What if you keep the stock internals, stock intercoolers, stock turbos, and just push the envelope a little bit further with the bolt-ons?

Well, this is the path I followed and was hoping to land somewhere around about 650 - 680 hp/tq at crank.

After all was said and done, she dyno'd out at 550 hp / 582 tq on one pass (no smoothing, uncorrected) and 553 hp / 578 tq on another pass at the wheels. Taking into account about 22% for drivetrain loss and I am at:

Approx. 675 hp / 710 tq at the crank!

And just look at that powerband - no wonder she likes to twist the suspension under all that torque! Keep in mind that this is knocking on the door of the EVOMS GT700 power kit that replaced the turbos and intercoolers (there is another tuner as well offering a 700 hp kit that replaces the turbos and intercoolers) - at a fraction of the price. My work was all done in my garage myself!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3110_001_small.jpg
Views:	8312
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	322491  

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 01-17-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:54 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
that's awesome.. who did the ecu tune same company?

Old 10-20-2012, 06:52 PM
WDC 911 is infamous around these parts
Aren't Mustang dyno's and dynojets different as far as results are concerned?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Whoa .. it looks like that beast was going to bust the straps holding it back! Well done ...

Old 10-21-2012, 03:15 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
such a great motor/car, pulls like a freight train. i love mine.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:15 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Crazy numbers Kent, congrats!!!!
Enjoy your beast.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alex911s
that's awesome.. who did the ecu tune same company?
Thanks! I went with a Softronics tune since they have a great rep with the 997 crowd.

Originally Posted by Fancy Pants
Made the front page of PorscheBoost just saw, congrats. Sick results.
Whoa... just saw that. Cool! Definitely, some inaccuracies, but cool nonetheless. I don't think I have seen anyone else push a stock CTT this far as well

Originally Posted by ROTtec
Insane numbers!
I was definitely stoked. Interestingly enough, this same tuning shop ICS Performance had an X5M on their dyno as well. There was some doubt in the beginning, however, in the end they were both sure that my CTTS would "walk" the X5M they had on their dyno.

Originally Posted by WDC 911
Aren't Mustang dyno's and dynojets different as far as results are concerned?
Generally speaking, Yes. I believe Mustang dyno are generally referred to as "heart-breakers". Remember that dynos are primarily a relative tuning tool. Even though it is less accurate when calculating exact hp/tq at the flywheel, it is accurate enough to give firm ballpark numbers. When paired with given draintrain inefficiencies losses, it can be a good tool for estimated power at the crank (hence the approx. statements).

Originally Posted by SLATETT
Whoa .. it looks like that beast was going to bust the straps holding it back! Well done ...
Yeah.. I know. My wife was there during the dyno pulls and was hiding behind me. She was pinching my arm in fear that she (the CTT) would break loose. Oh ye of little faith...

Originally Posted by cuemaster
such a great motor/car, pulls like a freight train. i love mine.
Yeah.. I keep trying to decide on if I want to move on to another platform, but everything else falls short as a daily driver- especially when I factor in NE winters. Even though it would be tempting to get the misses a PTT since it has the same engine and perform the same mods. 710 ft lbs of tq with 1000 lbs less weight, in a 4 door sedan?

Originally Posted by SLVR-GTstreet
Crazy numbers Kent, congrats!!!!
Enjoy your beast.
Thanks! Just can't get enough of breaking the tires loose. Small club for Cayenne owners. Know the feeling?

Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 AM
bdtzmaru is infamous around these parts
This is awesome. Congrats!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Is this the end or are you going to pursue further? Enjoy the ride! Must be a blast!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 PM
GothamCayenne is infamous around these partsGothamCayenne is infamous around these parts
I always knew these things were good for some serious numbers, thanks for confirming, I imagine I am not far behind you in power. Have you had a new tune written since putting the catless downpipes in? The next thing we need is an intercooler upgrade and we're there.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:42 AM
pakundo is infamous around these parts
very nice! and fast! congrats!enjoy the ride...

Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by bdtzmaru
This is awesome. Congrats!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Enilder
Is this the end or are you going to pursue further? Enjoy the ride! Must be a blast!
I think I am reaching the point of diminishing returns, so I think I am winding down for the most part. I will try to just enjoy it for the beast that it already is..

Originally Posted by GothamCayenne
I always knew these things were good for some serious numbers, thanks for confirming, I imagine I am not far behind you in power. Have you had a new tune written since putting the catless downpipes in? The next thing we need is an intercooler upgrade and we're there.
No, I did not have my ECU tune remapped after the turbo downpipes. I called up Softronics and they were confident that my current tune would be able to compensate for the additional exhaust flow. Also, I knew that I should get about a 1-2 psi bump up in boost from the reduced restriction. I was told that the additional boost shouldn't be a problem either for this tune. After reviewing the dyno powerband and getting AFR readings from my Durametric, I think they are right- it is doing a great job of keeping the performance metrics where they should be.

I might end up replacing the intercoolers, adding a water-meth injection kit, and asking that my boost get bumped up 2 psi on my tune. Right now it is peaking at about 16.8 psi - according to my Durametric logs. That would put me at 18 psi peak - not too shabby and may be easy power.

Originally Posted by Fancy Pants
Inaccuracies such as?
For one the stock turbos are Mitsubishi TD04, not K16. Secondly, Leistung does not provide tuning as the title implies. Just great parts and service!

Originally Posted by pakundo
very nice! and fast! congrats!enjoy the ride...
Thanks! Much appreciated!

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 10-25-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Onefastride is infamous around these parts
Two words for you OP, holy ****. You did this all yourself also man I need to learn how to work on this thing... The panels **** me off so I just pay the labor...

Old 10-25-2012, 05:30 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Damn Kent!! Those are awesome numbers! Congrats on your beast Sounds amazing and looks amazing. Now do the intercooler, hard pipes and MOAR BOOST. lol

Old 10-25-2012, 07:21 PM
rbb1991 is infamous around these parts
Kent, those are crazy numbers!! I don't have a man-crush, but I do have a Cayenne crush on that beast!!

What are your thoughts on how well the other parts(driveshafts, differential etc) will hold up with the added power?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Wicked Cayenne Turbo w/ Bolt-ons - Dyno ~ 675 hp / 710 tq [HD 1080P] [Graph]