Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Cayenne - Softronics Tune + Bolt-ons - Results ~ 726 hp / 808 tq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Cayenne - Softronics Tune + Bolt-ons - Results ~ 726 hp / 808 tq

Finally had a chance to go back to the same AWD dyno last May, where I got 550 hp / 582 tq (about 675 hp / 710 tq) back in October 2012.

Back in October 2012, I had the following mods:
  • Softronics tune
  • EVOMS Intake
  • AP Diverter Valves
  • 82mm TB / Intake Manifold
  • 1-Stage colder IK22 plugs
  • Full 2.75" exhaust
  • 93 octane / 104 octane (blend)
  • Stock Intercoolers
  • Stock Turbochargers

Since then, I went to:
  • Stock Bosch plugs
  • Custom 2.75" Plenum and Chargepipe/ Y-Pipe
  • Methanol kit
  • Full 3" exhaust
  • Transmission cooler

When all was said, and the dust settled, I was surprised (yet again) at what this stock engine, tranny, intercoolers, and turbos could do.

She dyno'd out at 566 hp / 630 tq at the wheels. Taking into account about 22% for drivetrain loss and I am at:

Approx. 726 hp / 808 tq at the crank!

Anyone who says that going opening up the intake and exhaust on a forced-induction car, will hurt performance somewhere in the powerband, clearly has not see this comparison.

Here is an overlay of the dyno session in 2012 with the 2014 dyno session. After opening up the intake and exhaust even more, it made more power EVERYWHERE in the powerband!! The Red line is the 3" exhaust & YPipe and the Blue line is the 2.75" exhaust and stock YPipe

Special thanks to one of our vendors, Scott over at Softronics. I have ran many of his Cayenne 957 tunes to great effect and can highly recommend them! The proof is in the pudding!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10.17.12_CTTS_ Dyno.jpg
Views:	5023
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	391948   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.16.14_CTTS_ Dyno.jpg
Views:	4741
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	391949   Click image for larger version

Name:	06.26.14_CTTS_ Dyno_Comparison.jpg
Views:	4651
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	391957   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1813B.jpg
Views:	4654
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	392198  

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 06-26-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Even though these numbers are phenomenal, I will be working with Scott to get VBox verified 60-130mph times. I am confident that we can get another Cayenne on the fastest 6Speedonline official 60-130mph list here.

I am not sure where I will end up, but I stand a good chance of matching or besting the "10.3 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI" (V10) entry. How wild would that be for a heavy almost 3 ton SUV? Anything can happen, but I have high hopes.

Also, Scott and I are working on a MAFLess tune right now and colder plugs. I will go back to the dyno and hopefully squeak a little more out. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 06-26-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Incredible results. Thank you for continuing to blaze the trail of maximum bolt-on performance for the 957 CTT.

Ready for a race against a stock CTTS for comparison purpose? I want to see how bad you beat me!

Old 06-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Stage7
Incredible results. Thank you for continuing to blaze the trail of maximum bolt-on performance for the 957 CTT.
Its a dirty job, but someone has to do it Seriously, if I make any more power, I will start to worry about the longevity of the engine/tranny

Originally Posted by Stage7
Ready for a race against a stock CTTS for comparison purpose? I want to see how bad you beat me!
I see you have thrown down the gauntlet. Challenge accepted!! LOL

Old 06-26-2014, 08:42 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
subscribed

Old 06-27-2014, 03:24 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Congratulation Kent
Very nice results ! Cant wait for 60-130 mph numbers .. I beat 10s for sure

Old 06-27-2014, 07:52 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Also are you stoping here with the powerlevel ? Upgrading to 20T is very easy and cheap
And will push 750-800hp easy

Old 06-27-2014, 08:47 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Its a dirty job, but someone has to do it Seriously, if I make any more power, I will start to worry about the longevity of the engine/tranny

I see you have thrown down the gauntlet. Challenge accepted!! LOL
Wish I could join you guys...I have almost all the same mods with exception of the Charge pipe & Meth on my CTTS. Would be interesting to see the delta on those mods.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Congratulation Kent
Very nice results ! Cant wait for 60-130 mph numbers .. I beat 10s for sure
Thanks! Can't wait to see the 60-130 numbers too! If I am not in the low 10s, then I will have something wrong with my setup. I goal is 10.1 to high 9's.

Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Also are you stoping here with the powerlevel ? Upgrading to 20T is very easy and cheap
And will push 750-800hp easy
Yeah.. I think I am pretty much done. I wanted as much "reliable" power as possible. The 20T upgrade is possible and will add about 75-100 hp to the wheels, but not convinced it it worth the 40 hours of labor to drop and reinstall the engine.

Also, I am surprised I am not twisting driveshafts with this much torque. So I somewhat weary about the transmission handling any more torque.

Originally Posted by mrbrianc
Wish I could join you guys...I have almost all the same mods with exception of the Charge pipe & Meth on my CTTS. Would be interesting to see the delta on those mods.
Yeah.. same here. Deltas would be great. However, with the VBox numbers, you can see how close you are! Then we can create a thread with the VBox numbers and mods and extract the Deltas. If you really want to get crazy, we may be even able to graph to performance deltas over time.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
You are definitely in the 700 club. The numbers look very good and adding Vbox data will be even more compelling. The Maf deleting and a few other final changes to the file should nicely complete the package. The key is knowing what and how to make the changes in the code. I know you can appreciate that .

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winner programmed by Softronic!
Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:06 AM
aspenone is infamous around these partsaspenone is infamous around these parts
Nice numbers bro nice to see the restults on the screen.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:08 AM
Steve.zdravko is infamous around these parts
Thats impressive well done. Its easy low 10s. Have you got a video clip of the car moving?

Old 06-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Softronic
The numbers look very good and adding Vbox data will be even more compelling. The Maf deleting and a few other final changes to the file should nicely complete the package.
Agreed!!

Originally Posted by aspenone
Nice numbers bro nice to see the results on the screen.
Thanks! I meant to tell you that it turns out that the spikes and dips on the original graph were due to electronic noise on this inductive RPM pickup wire the dyno used. Unfortunately, they do not have the OBD-II dyno module. Even so, we were able to apply some filtering here to pull out some of the irregularities caused by the noise. Admittedly, it is still not perfect and there are still some inconsistencies here.

I am looking into a few ways to mitigate this further when I go back to the dyno in the next week or so.

Originally Posted by Steve.zdravko
Thats impressive well done. Its easy low 10s.
Thanks! Agreed!

Originally Posted by Steve.zdravko
Have you got a video clip of the car moving?
Yep.. from a couple of years go. She has quite a bit more power now though. Here is the link:

Video: Wicked Cayenne Turbo - Dyno

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 06-28-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Im really digging this! Can't wait to see how the maf-less tune works out. Have you considered switching to e85? Ideally I would like to do both on my build up because Im aiming for quite a bit more power and this makes it seem that much more easily attainable. I know the Aisin TR60Sn is rated @ 1000nm or 724 ft lbs. so your definatly in that area where problems may start to pop up. After speaking with some people I would be more concerned with the lockup converter and flexplate at or above these levels. How many miles do you have on the CTT now?

Old 06-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Im really digging this! Can't wait to see how the maf-less tune works out. Have you considered switching to e85?
No we cannot get it here locally in my state, plus this 4.8 engine is not rated for more than 10-20% alcohol consumption. If memory serves, I think it is an issue with the provided cylinder liners not being properly lubricated with higher alcohol levels.

Ideally I would like to do both on my build up because Im aiming for quite a bit more power and this makes it seem that much more easily attainable.
It is good to have some reliable information on what this drivetrain can handle. The more info, the better.

I know the Aisin TR60Sn is rated @ 1000nm or 724 ft lbs. so your definatly in that area where problems may start to pop up. After speaking with some people I would be more concerned with the lockup converter and flexplate at or above these levels.
Interesting. I tried to find the power limits of the Aisin TR60SN before, but could only uncover that it is was good for 550 ft lbs. Any documentation?

How many miles do you have on the CTT now?
Ha... She is not babied. She will be coming up on 90K miles soon Hard to believe that I am getting these sorts of numbers on a engine/tranny/turbos with this much wear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne - Softronics Tune + Bolt-ons - Results ~ 726 hp / 808 tq