Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

08 CTT Engine Seized Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Charlie Boost is infamous around these parts
08 CTT Engine Seized Help!

Hey guys, here is the situation.
Bought the car used from a single owner @ 123k miles in Nov 2015.
First Porsche, love it. Had it shipped from NC to CO. Got it for a steal @ $21,900 from an older gentleman.

Sadly...The motor seized at 129k miles on Dec 2015. So in less than 2 months I went from hero to zero. Previous owner says he maintained the car and did all the annual check ups...but long story short, I'm going to be paying out of pocket for a new engine.

According to my local dealership the exact cause of seize is unknown atm. They wanted $1000 to tear it apart just to see what the cause of failure was, the mechanic told me that unless I have a extended warranty, he would advise against it. My extended warranty deemed the problems as preexisting and denied the claim.

Now I am looking to get a replacement motor.
What options are there out there besides the obvious buy a new/used engine?
Anyone successfully do a rebuild or motor swap? Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!! Im laughing on the outside. Dead on the inside.

I came across this site...sounds promising but then again who knows..
http://www.928motorsports.com/servic...ock_repair.php

Old 02-18-2016, 04:19 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
porsche dismantlers in cali.

id part it out take your loss and move on.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:22 PM
Charlie Boost is infamous around these parts
Cant part it out, financed the damn thing.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:50 AM
955CTTE81 is infamous around these parts
If you have service plan that was denied go see the dealer that sold it to you and ask the finance director to contact the service warranty contact and see if they can work some magic... I bought one for mine just in case these things happen. I would fight till I have exhausted all possibilities . I would even contact your insurance company as some of them have this type of coverage ... Good luck

Old 02-19-2016, 11:25 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Yep, I'd fight with the warranty company too. Like mentioned contact whoever sold you the warranty and see if they will help you fight.

If that fails that site you posted looks like a decent deal if you knew it was something that would fix. It could be any number of things.

But I guess first I'd try to get the warranty company to pay off, second I'd probably pay the dealer the $1k to tear it apart and diagnose. Then you'll have a better idea if the repaired block is a good option.