Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Fabspeed bypass pipes make noise on 958

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 05:53 AM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
We are standing by to work with executive on whatever issue he is having. At this point, he has yet to reach out to us. I do not have his name or contact information, otherwise I would try to reach out to him myself.

Once we find out what is actually going on, I will be sure to keep this thread updated. This is not a known issue with this product, and we've received a lot of very good feedback from happy owners who have had no issue. Regardless, our goal is 100% satisfaction, so we want to make sure that executive is taken care of as well!
Sounds like he is trolling...? Seems odd that he wouldn't take the offer for help, especially since you offered a few times!

I have a few friends with your pipes and they have had no issues what so ever either.

Last edited by dan87951; 07-09-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree - trolling.

All the Fabspeed products I have in both my 997 and my 957 CTTS which includes the secondary cat bypass pipes referenced here have been perfect and problem free. Also, I'm not sure what the "made in China crap" reference means as Fabspeed manufactures everything themselves outside of Philly (I've personally toured their facility). The only thing they don't make is the cats themselves, but instead buy the best ones they can find, which is HJS out of Europe, and incorporate those into their plumbing, which is all mandrel bent, and thick, high-quality pipe.

The quality is so good, the pipes can be brought back to look like new with just a little polishing - look at these before and after pics on my cat bypass pipes.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:39 AM
roym01 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Please send me an email at nick@fabspeed.com. We have a limited lifetime warranty on all of our products, so if you're having an issue, we'll get you squared away!

I've personally sold about two dozen of our Cayenne TT Catbypass Pipes (which are manufactured completely in-house about 30' to my right, by the way), and I've not heard of anyone getting rattling issues. I definitely want to make this right for you, so let's talk!
Nick, my name is Roy and I am a new owner of a 2008 CTT and therefor a new member of this forum. Forgive me if this question has been asked before ..... but I was interested in making my exhaust note a little 'sportier' and read about your secondary cat bypass pipes. I was wondering if installing the bypass pipes will affect my emission test (I live near Toronto, Canada). Also, what is the best solution for a 'sportier' exhaust note (not very concerned about performance increase ....... very concerned about sound and $$).

Old 08-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roym01
Nick, my name is Roy and I am a new owner of a 2008 CTT and therefor a new member of this forum. Forgive me if this question has been asked before ..... but I was interested in making my exhaust note a little 'sportier' and read about your secondary cat bypass pipes. I was wondering if installing the bypass pipes will affect my emission test (I live near Toronto, Canada). Also, what is the best solution for a 'sportier' exhaust note (not very concerned about performance increase ....... very concerned about sound and $$).
Roy,

Welcome to the forum! Let me answer a few questions here for you, as far as emissions is concerned you'll pass with flying colors. The secondary catalytic converters do not have O2 sensors in them therefore are not tested.

Regarding a "sportier" exhaust note the bypass pipes will definitely give you a good start! If you get them installed and wanted a bit more we also offer a rear muffler replacement to get a little more sound and power out of them! Porsche 957 Turbo Maxflo Mufflers

Please let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to assist!