Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Fabspeed bypass pipes make noise on 958

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 02:29 PM
executive is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed bypass pipes make noise on 958

Does anyone have a problem with their fabspeed bypass pipes rattling? I get a ton of exhaust rattle between 2000-2500 rpm's. I have a 958 TT. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Old 03-20-2016, 11:42 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
not on my 958.2 or my prior 958.
Install issue

Old 03-20-2016, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
not on my 958.2 or my prior 958.
Install issue
100% not an install issue. Why do MANY guys have problems with rattles? Issue is the cheap fabspeed made in china parts. They do not fit correct. Porsche service tech showed me the terrible quality of fabspeed. Typical from china garbage. Fabspeed is by far the crappiest exhaust you can buy.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:07 AM
BlueLodge400 is infamous around these parts
Are you referring to the popping sound when letting off the accelerator?
If so, mine does it around 2100rpm. It's not a sound I particularly enjoy. I am considering removing the bypass pipes and putting the cats back on.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:26 PM
2gofast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by executive
Does anyone have a problem with their fabspeed bypass pipes rattling? I get a ton of exhaust rattle between 2000-2500 rpm's. I have a 958 TT. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Take your cayenne in to a muffler shop and have them look at it. Likely just need to change the bracket/candy cane that holds it in place to stop the rattling. Should be a cheap and quick fix.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:30 PM
BlueLodge400 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2gofast
Take your cayenne in to a muffler shop and have them look at it. Likely just need to change the bracket/candy cane that holds it in place to stop the rattling. Should be a cheap and quick fix.
Thanks! I'll have them take a look.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by executive
Thanks
Please send me an email at nick@fabspeed.com. We have a limited lifetime warranty on all of our products, so if you're having an issue, we'll get you squared away!

I've personally sold about two dozen of our Cayenne TT Catbypass Pipes (which are manufactured completely in-house about 30' to my right, by the way), and I've not heard of anyone getting rattling issues. I definitely want to make this right for you, so let's talk!

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 03-23-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by BlueLodge400
Are you referring to the popping sound when letting off the accelerator?
If so, mine does it around 2100rpm. It's not a sound I particularly enjoy. I am considering removing the bypass pipes and putting the cats back on.
No, not that sound. The pipes are not oem size. They are slightly smaller and the band clamp that holds the pipes together NEEDS the connecting pipes to be exactly the same size or the clamp will not hold the smaller pipe tight. It will rattle.

Last edited by executive; 03-22-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by 2gofast
The 958s have different brackets than the model you have. It is not a bracket. And why should I have to go to an exhaust shop for them to fix pipes that you pay an arm and a leg for? For the price you pay, these should be perfect.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
executive:

I replied two days ago requesting that you email me so that we can get this all squared away for you. I've not yet seen any emails come through from you about this matter, but I'm standing by to help you out!

You are also welcome to call and speak to me directly. The direct office line is 215.646.4945. Just ask for Nick!

Old 03-23-2016, 11:40 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Interested in the resolution... as These have been on my shortlist for a while. I had similiar issues in the past with Bypass pipes on a 04 Cayenne V6.. but that was ages ago....

Old 03-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by str8blst
Interested in the resolution... as These have been on my shortlist for a while. I had similiar issues in the past with Bypass pipes on a 04 Cayenne V6.. but that was ages ago....
We are standing by to work with executive on whatever issue he is having. At this point, he has yet to reach out to us. I do not have his name or contact information, otherwise I would try to reach out to him myself.

Once we find out what is actually going on, I will be sure to keep this thread updated. This is not a known issue with this product, and we've received a lot of very good feedback from happy owners who have had no issue. Regardless, our goal is 100% satisfaction, so we want to make sure that executive is taken care of as well!

Old 03-30-2016, 05:46 PM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
mine have been perfect!...just like my fabspeed xpipe on my 997.2 before this

Old 07-08-2016, 03:01 PM
DH958TT is infamous around these parts
958 TT FABSPEED 2nd Cat delete NOISE

What there a solution to the noise issue at 2000 rpms? I am every interested to know the outcome. Fabspeed told me this was a lose clamp or hanger. I have those pipes myself and am experiencing an unpleasant NOISE as well.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:03 PM
DH958TT is infamous around these parts
Please keep in mind that turbo cars do not have the same characteristics as Cayenne S or GTS. My question is specifically for 958 Turbo application. Thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed bypass pipes make noise on 958