Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

958 Water Methanol Anyone? Wiring? Lines?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2024 | 03:20 PM
|
ImHereLive957 is infamous around these parts
Question 958 Water Methanol Anyone? Wiring? Lines?

Water methanol injection project begins this weekend... Renaissance.Man had a great writeup for his custom DIY Aquamist WMI for his 957: INSTALL: Cayenne TTS + Methanol Injection = Persistent Race Fuel - Lots of Pics!

And I'm grateful that post is still up and has the pictures! It certainly gave me a few ideas...

One thing he's missing completely in that writeup is how he referenced boost. Whether it's an AEM or Aquamist or Snow Performance kit, doesn't matter, if it's a progressive water meth controller, there needs to be some tap into the boost for the system to read and ramp up accordingly. Whether you can figure out how to get the appropriate Snow Performance VC-50 controller to wire up to your factory MAP sensor, or you Tee into one of the vacuum/boost lines (if you can figure that out on the back of the intake manifold), or whether you drill/tap the intake manifold for a separate boost reference line (I'm thinking 1/8" barb to 1/8 NPT, unless I can figure out which vacuum line to tap into...)

I'll also be mounting the tank and pump in the trunk. Probably get rid of the silly factory air "kompressor" and use that area if I want to keep the spare tire. I can update this thread with photos later. I just now need to figure out the WIRING! I don't know where to find a good factory wiring reference guide... unless I pay for some subscription thing like AllData?

I'm not sure how or where I'll be able to wire up the pump in the trunk... what 12v I can tap into. I can find a ground anywhere obviously. Then, how I'm going to run the lines all the way back up to the engine bay.... under the car or what. And where I'll mount the controller (probably glovebox)... and what to tap into there.

boost / vacuum line ideas

kit ready

measurement of VC-50 controller boost reference line (tiny!)

where I will be placing WMI nozzles