Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Flat Black Turbo Project W/Kit/Lowered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Banned
ArenaMotorGroup is infamous around these parts
Flat Black Turbo Project W/Kit/Lowered

I said F It, I coudn't hold back anymore and bought a Cayenne Turbo cheap that came in on trade at a store we do buisness with. I ordered a RENNtech lowering module a set of the knockoff Techno 22x10 wheels(painted them Flat Black) a body kit from Project Cars off of E-Bay that was paid for on 1/28/08 and I got it 3/31/2008 (No Comment) and I am painting the thing Flat Black. I need some help, I am going to lay Gloss Black vinyl down the center pretty thick then pinstripe a thin one around the thick middle. Should I use red to match the calipers or paint the calipers Lambo Orange and pinstripe it orange? What you guys think? BTW Bert from Hampstead Autobody is doing the truck and he loves doing sh*t no body else does like reverse Lambo doors on a 300C which is there now(yes back doors suicide!), I know goofy but def trick. He isn't scared to do custom anything his number is 410-374-0105 I appriciate the input. Jason

Attached Images      

Last edited by ArenaMotorGroup; 04-02-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:28 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
what is cheap?
mods are looking good boss.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned
more pics of cayenne

More pics of the project, will keep you guys posted

Attached Images    
Old 04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned
paid in the thirties for the truck stock, 49kmi $96.5 MSRP, I literally am doing everything. Getting scared, spending some money but there can't be a cool tastefully done one on the market like this. I think I am going to make custom wood/Overlay Carbon Fibre fins to insert in the grills instead of the cheesy mesh. Any ideas?

Last edited by ArenaMotorGroup; 04-01-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:20 PM
FULL BOOST is infamous around these parts
So, you have painted some of the cayenne alredy in phlat black? Just waiting on the doors and body fit to be done?

Interesting job - I like it - will be different -thats for sure!

If you want tobe really different - do the stripes and calipers Lambo Orange - Should look great!

Best,

Simon.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
Cant wait to see the final project done. I'm digging the sport technos in black

Old 04-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned
Yea, we took the doors off to do jams and everything, no short cuttn it. I want somebody to be like "Did you order a Flat Black Truck?" We waited to see how the kit fit and pondered the thought of molding in the flares. I think we have shot that down, they won't stand out as much. I really am thinking orange also. This truck I really think is going to look like the one at the top of the home 6speed page.

Last edited by ArenaMotorGroup; 04-01-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:13 PM
alex@wheelexperts is infamous around these parts
Here is an idea of what black with lambo orange would look like.... (robots_are_neon's car) props to justin

its gone back to all black wheels and black grill with orange brembos but dont have pix...

Old 04-01-2008, 06:28 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
Your are brave! Should look good, PROPS for pulling the trigger!!
Interested in selling the rear valance?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:04 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks interesting- can't wait to see the finished pics.
How about lambo-style front doors?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Banned
Re5pekt thanks bro, I think you just made my mind up but another 3 days to paint calipers bummer. SoCall, I will sell it whats fair? And hey, pOrsch3, do you realize I am already eating ambian to go to bed at night thinking about what I have spent on this truck for resale!! Just Kidding, sort of, not realy. Never really been a fan of lambo doors on anything except a Gallardo, just makes it Lambo. I really stepped up on the paint money, had to be right! This thing is going to be off the chain. The quality of the work means more to me than anything. Turbo Cayenne, enough said you boys understand! I just hope my ***** don't shrivle up after this project cuz they were elephant like going in!

Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 PM
mlc.design is infamous around these parts
ArenaMotorGroup

so you are painting the entire cayenne....isnt that risky? Just Curious because i was always told by numerous body shops dont paint a car another color...but good luck I'm interested to see how it comes out...how did you paint the wheels?

Powder coat?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned
No, they were silver just painted them like any other wheel manufacture would. Paint booth. No need for powder coat. Flat black on a Porsche is by all means risky, but it will look so mean lowered and flat with the body kit just had to. I think I am one of the only dealers that isn't scared to lower a Bentley to, just my taste. Grant it I am on the East Coast and it isn't as easy to move it as the west but it is my passion. Colors are opinions, I think this thing will rock. I really think it will be evil, whos with me on this one. You have seen DC Shoes CLS? Ridiculous in my mind!

Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
turbomaxima is infamous around these parts
Project looks like it will be awesome.

I actually vote for a more subtle pinstripe, something in a gunmetal or dark gray. I think doing an aggressive orange or red could look tacky.

I can't wait to see how the CTT looks with the 22's and lowered. Keep up the good work!

My next CTT will definitely go Techart Magnum widebody if I can find a knock off kit.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 PM
TT Turbo 22 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

That's an awesome idea, would love to do it someday on my CTT. I would go with the red, just because I've seen red pinstripes on a few cars and they look good, not sure if I would get sick of the orange. Best of luck and can't wait to see the pictures !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flat Black Turbo Project W/Kit/Lowered