Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Add a trailer hitch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:06 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Add a trailer hitch

Is it easy to add a trailer hitch after the fact? I would be interested in the Porsche OEM hitch, anybody done this?

Old 02-02-2009, 07:54 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
do you mean the hitch ball or the hitch itself? I believe it is very costly to add the trailer hitch after

Old 02-02-2009, 09:18 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I just did a search, seems the OEM hitch is fairly pricey with all the wiring etc. I'm gonna use my sources and find a good price on it anyway. Will advise.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 PM
katheikia is infamous around these parts
I hate my trailer hitch. If it came off easy, and I didnt leave a hole in my bumper, I would take it off and sell it to you...

Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
I just did a search, seems the OEM hitch is fairly pricey with all the wiring etc. I'm gonna use my sources and find a good price on it anyway. Will advise.
you gonna have to modify your rear bumper. Let me know what you come up with because i want to install one on my GTS also

Old 02-03-2009, 05:56 AM
cayenne-kimo is infamous around these parts
I think it's about $1700-2000 installed at the dealer. If you don't need the wiring harness than you can get an afftermarket hitch for $150.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
ya it's pricey, lus the aftermarket hitches won't hold the load of a factory installed hitch. Check into the ratings to see if it's worth it.
If you're just trailing a flatbed or a bike bed, and NOT a 8000 lb boat, you will be fine, but as least check to see if it's what you want.

Also, the lower rear defuiser will need to be cut to fit a hitch..

Old 02-03-2009, 06:41 PM
I understand the rear bumper/diffuser needs to be trimmed but the cutout is supposedly already there and easy to do. I want to go OEM because of the wiring harness and led taillights can be a hassle otherwise.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Triple B is infamous around these parts
I understand the rear bumper/diffuser needs to be trimmed but the cutout is supposedly already there and easy to do. I want to go OEM because of the wiring harness and led taillights can be a hassle otherwise.
You are correct on the diffuser needing to be trimed......

I installed an aftermarket (Curt MFG) hitch and I used the factory wire loom. Total cost was about $850.00. I installed the hitch, trimmed the diffuser myself then bought the wire loom & computer from Sunset Porsche and took it to my local dealer for installation and programing.

Jace is correct the factor hitch is rated at 7700 lbs and the Curt MFG hitch is rated at 6600 lbs on the website but there was a sitcker on the hitch it self with a 6000 lb max load.

With the Curt MFG hitch I tow a 20' flat bed car trailer with all the toys (VW Thing and motorcycles over 5000 lbs) with out any problems.

Cheep LED trailer still cause !!!! with the factory wire loom on the 04-06

Old 02-04-2009, 11:07 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Triple B
You are correct on the diffuser needing to be trimed......

I installed an aftermarket (Curt MFG) hitch and I used the factory wire loom. Total cost was about $850.00. I installed the hitch, trimmed the diffuser myself then bought the wire loom & computer from Sunset Porsche and took it to my local dealer for installation and programing.

Jace is correct the factor hitch is rated at 7700 lbs and the Curt MFG hitch is rated at 6600 lbs on the website but there was a sitcker on the hitch it self with a 6000 lb max load.

With the Curt MFG hitch I tow a 20' flat bed car trailer with all the toys (VW Thing and motorcycles over 5000 lbs) with out any problems.

Cheep LED trailer still cause !!!! with the factory wire loom on the 04-06
where did you get curt hitch from?

Old 02-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Triple B is infamous around these parts
I called Curt MFG and they e-mailed me a list of dealers in my area. There was a RV trailer parts store on the list close to me and I had them order it. It took about a week for them to get it.

It was less $$$ then these guys https://www.eurodrivegear.com/script...?idproduct=825

I paied $160.00 plus tax 18 months ago

Old 02-15-2009, 07:35 PM
imahobo is infamous around these parts
We sell those:

http://www.ecustomhitch.com/store/pr...?productid=677

Installation instructions are included on the page. For live help, call 1-800-828-9876 EST and ask for Jeff. He's done several.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:45 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imahobo
We sell those:

http://www.ecustomhitch.com/store/pr...?productid=677

Installation instructions are included on the page. For live help, call 1-800-828-9876 EST and ask for Jeff. He's done several.
Will this work on a GTS with the body kit?? I understand that the diffuser has to be cut, but will this come out in the same spot as the GTS factory one?
Thanks,
Evan

Old 02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Banned
RickyStickers is infamous around these parts
I wished mine hadn't come with one, I have no use for it, and it looks so much better without it... I am about to pull the damn thing off...

Old 02-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I just had the factory hitch installed at the dealer, it ran about $1400 total. A bit pricey but worth it IMO. Now I can tow that 24' Yellowfin bay boat!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Add a trailer hitch