best NAV replacement for 05 CTT bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 PM
vreynaud is infamous around these parts
best NAV replacement for 05 CTT bose

With technology ever improving what is the best option to replace my OEM head/Nav unit. I have the bose type in my 05CTT
Would like: Touch screen NAV, Ipod control, steering wheel controls, phone.
Your personal opinion between Pioneer, Alpine, JVC etc.. how about Motevo? just found that online: feedback? http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...o_GTV-PC1.aspx

Old 03-15-2012, 08:14 PM
twilight is infamous around these parts
Put in a Pioneer http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-X930BT
Lot of work - but very happy with the results! Looks stock - especially using a Porsche start-up screen. Can help if you decide to install it yourself - it took many many hours.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:36 PM
B_P
B_P is infamous around these parts
Do you have pics of it installed in your cayenne?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
tooch is infamous around these parts
That looks like a great unit. Where did you purchase it?

Old 03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Name:  SAM_0040.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  141.5 KB

Here is a picture of the Pioneer X930BT - brilliant unit! I have an in at Pioneer - so paid cost. It is available at Best Buy for $799...other places even cheaper (such as eBay). Make sure to get the ipod adapter and XM units - bought mine on eBay. Also, check out youtube for the mod to allow you to play DVD's and punch nav buttons while driving. Also installed the backup camera...dashkit available here....http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-CT24PO02.html

Tips on wiring? Can walk you through the basics - starts with: 1. Buy two cases of beer....seriously, this took a long time to install - can see why installers charge up to $3K to do the job...

Old 03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Name:  SAM_0042.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  135.3 KB

Forgot to include the start-up screen.....every time it starts up - you can remind yourself how much it would cost to add Bluetooth & and iPod to your stock unit - and actually have current maps! The only negative on the unit is the FM stations - they do not store with the station number or ID - of course you are used to this on your PCM....

Old 03-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by twilight
Attachment 172825

Here is a picture of the Pioneer X930BT - brilliant unit! I have an in at Pioneer - so paid cost. It is available at Best Buy for $799...other places even cheaper (such as eBay). Make sure to get the ipod adapter and XM units - bought mine on eBay. Also, check out youtube for the mod to allow you to play DVD's and punch nav buttons while driving. Also installed the backup camera...dashkit available here....http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-CT24PO02.html

Tips on wiring? Can walk you through the basics - starts with: 1. Buy two cases of beer....seriously, this took a long time to install - can see why installers charge up to $3K to do the job...

Looks great ,it looks very much like the original unit.

Up to $3000.00 for the install ..... whew that is steep

Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Free if you do it yourself! If you get a price to install, would be interested to hear. Other tips - this does not need an additional amp to run your Bose speakers and you can wire it so that all the speakers (all 11) work....including the subwoofer...I am an engineer- so a lot of that time was thinking and not doing...

Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM
vreynaud is infamous around these parts
looks really nice!
like the Porsche logo at start up too
will go "test drive" this unit at my local retailer
thanks!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:28 PM
I plan on stopping at Best Buy and see if they have this unit. I like the way it looks in your Cayenne. You have the same color interior as I do

Old 03-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Sure we could start a whole thread on which color interior is the best - I love it, my 911 is the same color inside...

Are you planning on doing the radio yourself? Let me know, and can walk through how I accomplished the task...also - the new Pioneer 940 looks brilliant - especially if you have an iPhone!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-X940BT

Old 03-25-2012, 08:19 PM
http://www.inkilino.es/Porsche_Cayen...NAVIGATION.pdf

Found this....very helpful for those looking to take out their nav unit...

Old 03-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by twilight
Sure we could start a whole thread on which color interior is the best - I love it, my 911 is the same color inside...

Are you planning on doing the radio yourself? Let me know, and can walk through how I accomplished the task...also - the new Pioneer 940 looks brilliant - especially if you have an iPhone!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-X940BT

My CTT is the same color interior ..... I love it

And thanks for the PDF of Nav removal it'll come in handy

Old 03-28-2012, 11:57 AM
If you start - send me a note and will go through a brief description of how I accomplished this task...including running new wires from to back for the speakers - hooking up the back-up camera, where to mount the antennas, how to get all the speakers to work, etc. My only failure was getting the steering wheel switches to work - maybe this summer.....

Old 06-27-2012, 05:03 AM
koen_dr is infamous around these parts
Hi guys,

I also am looking into fitting a Pioneer HU in my Cayenne 2005 with Bose, but you reffered to the point of being able to keep the Bose amp, but apparently I need to use a 650dollar interface for that route?

Or did I miss something?

We will do it ourselves, my best friend is an engineer too so if he can build his own home sound system incl amps and speakers, we will be able to fit everything into the Cayenne, but a few questions before we start taking the interior apart to see how it all works :

- Can i maybe replace the Bose amp in the trunk and re-use the speaker wires or are they filtered by the Bose amp??? This way I would for instance add a 6-channel amp between the HU and Bose Speakers...
- If that route would work I would also upgrade the Sub with a Pioneer flat one with integrated amp...

Any insight would be very appreciated

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best NAV replacement for 05 CTT bose