Lo Jack and Fidelity Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM
ApeKillApe is infamous around these parts
Lo Jack and Fidelity Extended Warranty

Hi,

In a haste of picking up my Pig, I got talked into doing the Fidelity Carefree Extended Warranty and the Lo Jack (which is scheduled to be installed on Thursday). I am having second thought about doing the lo Jack so I went over to speak with the finance manager and he told me that since lo Jack was part of my loan there's nothing he could do. Is that true? It's not even installed yet. Why can they just cancel it and give me some sort of credit?

The other thing is the Fidelity Extended Warranty for 3500 dollars for 7yr/70000. Should I keep it? If it's not a good deal, can I cancel it afterward?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 PM
crowland is infamous around these parts
They built those "options" into your overall package that you bought - meaning they figured that into their dealer "profit" - I wouldn't hesitate to have then re-work the numbers at all. They are making the most money off of you on that extended warranty. The mark up on alot of those dealer warranties is 100% or more, whereas they are making far less profit if you had just bought the car without their added profit built in. Did they come down on price because you were adding on and rolling that into financing? I would ask for all 3 separate of one another and then work their numbers on the 3 altogether to get the best deal.

I personally think they are screwing you over on that warranty if you are buying a new car....I hate when dealers try to pull that crap at the last second and roll it into your loan.

There are plenty of aftermarket warranties that you can add on after the fact that will give you just as good of protection for that price. Check with Costco if they have a warranty available in your state.

After going through the hassle of dealers and these gimmicks I went with an auto-broker (i used Autoflex in Dallas) for this my vehicle I bought and it was the absolutely painless. They work for you and find you the car you want and have the relationships with dealerships to get you the exact car you want. Just some food for thought if you haven't signed the papers yet. I couldn't have been happier with my transaction.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 PM
ApeKillApe is infamous around these parts
What if the loan is already approved? Can they still re-worked the deal? I've taken delivery and everything. Can I cancel my extended warranty after loan approval?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:12 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
You can cancel directly with fidelity.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
And go read: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-warranty.html for the story on extended warranties.

These dealers are really pretty sleezy - I would have hoped the Porsche dealers would have left the Ford mentality behind, but I guess it's bred into them.