Cayenne Cardan/Tranny Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:20 AM
CSnyde01 is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Cayenne Cardan/Tranny Help

I've got my Cayenne at the local Indy shop getting some coilovers and wheels rebalanced and installed. Last night, they called after closing to tell me that everything is installed and looks good, but that the driveshaft simply "slid" out of the transmission and that they'd have look into it on Monday. He said it was like nothing was holding the drive shaft into the tranny, and was on the passenger side.

Now prior to taking it up there, I put on the new wheels a few days ago and felt a vibration after getting them installed when going above 60. I thought it was just the wheels not being balanced so I asked them to road force while I had it in there. Now, this leads me to believe it's actually the cardan/drive shaft.

The vibration didn't start until after I had the wheels installed, which could just be coincidence, especially since the Indy called about the drive shaft.

There was no loud bang or knocking when driving, just the high speed vibrations and shaking.

It's an '09 Cayenne Base w/51k mi. Yup, just as the warranty expired I've got this popping up.

Anyone have any similar experience or does this sound like the cardan shaft? I searched the forums but didn't really find anything similiar to my situation.