Jukebox 2013 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 AM
GTS-TIME is infamous around these parts
Jukebox 2013 GTS

I have a 2013 Cayenne GTS. Love the car. The only item I can't figure out is the Jukebox. The owners manual implies that music can be stored on it, however, I simply cannot find any menu option that allows this. Can anyone help? Thanks

Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Cayenne-S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GTS-TIME
I have a 2013 Cayenne GTS. Love the car. The only item I can't figure out is the Jukebox. The owners manual implies that music can be stored on it, however, I simply cannot find any menu option that allows this. Can anyone help? Thanks
I have a 2013 Cayenne-S and have the same issue. I tried using my iphone connected via USB and it would not work. I also tried a jump drive plugged into the USB port and the contents (.mp3 files) were not available.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:34 PM
TGED is infamous around these parts
Jukebox is only for 2013 models produced after Nov 2012, same with album artwork display, the optional PCC Porsche Car Connect Internet online service is also available starting the same time. That's why I waited until Jan 2013 production to make sure I get these new features.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Cayenne-S
I have a 2013 Cayenne-S and have the same issue. I tried using my iphone connected via USB and it would not work. I also tried a jump drive plugged into the USB port and the contents (.mp3 files) were not available.
I am using my Jukebox without any problem. You can transfer songs from an USB stick into the Jukebox and play directly from it. You cannot transfer songs from an iPhone/iPad into the Jukebox, only from an USB storage device.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by TGED
I am using my Jukebox without any problem. You can transfer songs from an USB stick into the Jukebox and play directly from it. You cannot transfer songs from an iPhone/iPad into the Jukebox, only from an USB storage device.
* My car was built in late December.

* I tried usb jump drives in addition to my iphone and it still does not work. When I go in for my first service I'll get it addressed.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 AM
What do you mean by in addition to your iPhone? Did you pair your iPhone with Bluetooth protocol and leave the USB stick plugged in? That's how I do mine and everything works.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:29 PM
What do you mean by in addition to your iPhone? Did you pair your iPhone with Bluetooth protocol and leave the USB stick plugged in? That's how I do mine and everything works.
Yes, of course I paired my iphone. I could not download to jukebox from the phone. I then tried a USB stick and that did not work also.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 PM
You can only download from an USB stick.(Apple does not allow you to transfer songs out of an iPod/iPhone on to an USB device) Can you play the songs directly from the USB stick?

Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 AM
You can only download from an USB stick.(Apple does not allow you to transfer songs out of an iPod/iPhone on to an USB device) Can you play the songs directly from the USB stick?
No, cannot play or access files off the USB stick. I do get a message however saying USB device has been connected.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by Cayenne-S
No, cannot play or access files off the USB stick. I do get a message however saying USB device has been connected.
You need to be able to play from the USB stick in order to transfer songs in to the Jukebox. Cayenne only accepts certain music file formats, MP3, AAC, WAV, etc, but not Apple Lossless format. You may want to confirm your file format on a computer. And certain songs purchased from iTunes are protected and cannot be played after you transfer them on to an USB stick. The latest Cayenne sound system is somewhat complex and it did take me a few days to get everything to work. It can even display album art which is so cool. I have the optional PCC Porsche Car Connect and I can get online on the PCM through my iPhone.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 AM
You need to be able to play from the USB stick in order to transfer songs in to the Jukebox. Cayenne only accepts certain music file formats, MP3, AAC, WAV, etc, but not Apple Lossless format. You may want to confirm your file format on a computer. And certain songs purchased from iTunes are protected and cannot be played after you transfer them on to an USB stick. The latest Cayenne sound system is somewhat complex and it did take me a few days to get everything to work. It can even display album art which is so cool. I have the optional PCC Porsche Car Connect and I can get online on the PCM through my iPhone.
Like I said before, I've done all of this. I'm very good with electronics/software, the issue is not with me, it's the system.

Again,

1) I tried using the iphone to download (yes, I know apple file extensions are protected but I tried it anyway) and it didn't work.

2) I tried .aac file format on a jump drive, again no go.

3) I converted music to .mp3, placed them on a jump drive (usb stick) and again, no go.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Well, I guess you have to bring it to your dealer. Please report back.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Well, I guess you have to bring it to your dealer. Please report back.
I'm going to wait for my first service I think to get this addressed. If I have time I'll go earlier and report back.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
svslerxst is infamous around these parts
Cayenne-S,

New user here, just took delivery of my 2013 Cayenne and came across this post in trying to figure out how to copy MP3's to the internal Jukebox.

I was able to finally figure it out, the key for me was that my 16GB USB SanDisk thumbdrive need to be formatted as FAT32, not NTFS. Once I reformatted the thumbdrive, the Cayenne was able to detect the USB drive and play music from it, which then enables the ability to copy the files and folders to the internal Jukebox harddrive.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Dan W.
2013 Cayenne

Old 03-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Dan W. Are you able to display album art on the PCM screen?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jukebox 2013 GTS