HELP!!! Cayenne S 2004 Stuck in garage OMG!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 AM
blueflame_99 is infamous around these parts
Exclamation HELP!!! Cayenne S 2004 Stuck in garage OMG!

Hey guys! I feel so embarassed... I was idling my dad's 2004 Cayenne S in the garage just to keep the battery alive for the winter and totally forgot about it overnight! Needless to say, it ran out of gas, and then it ran out of battery power =O

To make matters worse, the hood of the car is tucked away just 6 inches beneath a large shelf, so I cannot open the hood..... =O

So:
1) I'm out of gas
2) I'm out of battery power
3) I can't open the hood

How do I start this car???

I do have roadside assistance. What should I do? Is there a way to put the car in Neutral from this position? Maybe get it towed a little way out and then boost it? Would any mechanic be able to do it? Please help!!

Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 PM
nuttersandy is infamous around these parts
That's quite the odd situation lol. I can give you some advice, if you have a battery trickle charger, you could plug it in through your ashtray and let that charge for a couple of hours and then turn the ignition on, and roll the car in neutral?

Also, I believe the battery is located under the driver's seat.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:21 PM
01tj is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nuttersandy
That's quite the odd situation lol. I can give you some advice, if you have a battery trickle charger, you could plug it in through your ashtray and let that charge for a couple of hours and then turn the ignition on, and roll the car in neutral?

Also, I believe the battery is located under the driver's seat.

How do you do that through the ashtray? My trickle charger has a + and - clamp like jumper cables. In my car I have a place under the hood to connect them

Old 03-02-2013, 08:03 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
there should also be a manually shift lock release for the shifter. indont know where it is in the older cayennes but in the 958s its underneath the ashtrash, u pull it out and theres a spring loaded button/switch u have to push down with a screwdriver and u can shift the gearlever into neutral to push/roll the car. look in the manual and it tells you how to do it.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:03 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Lol @ situation.

i'm no help

Old 03-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
The main battery is located under the driver seat, not under the hood.

So the steps would be:

Option A

1) Put atleast 5-7 gallons into the vehicle. Note: Someone said that any less than 5 gallons and the vehicle will not try to start as a safety precaution- to prevent the pumps from running dry again.

2) Open owners manual and figure out how to lift up the driver seat to expose the main battery

3) Put on charger directly on battery.

4) Wait....

5) Start car and bandage your pride

or

Option B

Take the easy (albeit embarrassing) way and call AAA

Old 03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
ebanul is infamous around these parts
You could always get some "Car Dolly" wheel movers...