I'm new here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Jeffro_510 has a spectacular aura aboutJeffro_510 has a spectacular aura aboutJeffro_510 has a spectacular aura about
I'm new here

Just wanted to stop and introduce myself. Names Jef, from Bay Area of California.
I just bought my first Porsche, 2008 Cayenne S. I have to be honest, I know just about nothing about this car. While looking on information about it, I came across this forum, so I registered here.
I am and have been very active on a few other forums, so I know hoe these work for the most part.
Besides the Cayenne, I have an 05 Corvette Z/51 that is heavily modded, a little Jimmy truck, and an 01 SS Monte Carlo.
Anyways, thanks for having me.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
Welcome, looks like we're neighbors (:

Old 03-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Jeffro_510 has a spectacular aura aboutJeffro_510 has a spectacular aura aboutJeffro_510 has a spectacular aura about
Yea, I live by the beach in Alameda, I can see most of San Francisco from there, lol.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 AM
This is all new to me, how do i know which one I have? 955/957/958

Old 03-04-2013, 03:13 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jeffro_510
This is all new to me, how do i know which one I have? 955/957/958
those are the chasis numbers. im not 100% on the years, but 955 is the first gen cayenne, 957 is the facelifted/revised version of the 1st gens. 958 is the newer current model cayennes.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Since you have a 2008, you have a 957. Congrats.

BTW, I rented a Corvette C6 Z51 in Hawaii a few years back. I was more impressed than I thought I was going to be- I really liked it a lot at the time.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 03-04-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
ebanul is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the car! I'm new to the forum myself...

Old 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Oh I love my Vette, but theres almost nothing stock left on it, lol.
When we were test driving the Porsche, the sales lady kept looking at me like i was supposed to be impressed by the power, my fiance turned and looked at her and told her "he drives his Corvette just about everyday, it makes 750 rear wheel horsepower" the look in the lady's face was like, oh that explains it all, lol.
The Porsche definitely moves good for a family hauler though. I am planning on quite a few mods over the next couple of months, I cant seem to leave anything alone on cars.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats on the purchase Jeff and welcome aboard. Now we must hear about how you acquired your 957 and details/pictures

Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Pretty simple funny story actually.
My lady decided she wanted UCLA Alumni personalized plates, but said she couldnt put them on her WRX, she wanted something more classy.
We did some research and price comparison shopping. We wanted to do the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, but it wasn't really in our budget. We came across this one on a Carmax lot, so we jumped on it. Its completely stock right now, but I have a few mods in mind for it.

Last edited by Jeffro_510; 03-10-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Saggio is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jeffro_510
She decided she wanted UCLA Alumni personalized plates, but said she couldnt put them on the WRX, it would look like she never did anything in life after UCLA, and wanted something more classy.
This is awesome! I see so many people with Alumni decals on their cars and they drive complete POS's!
I'd like to think maybe those people aren't really into what kind of car they drive, but sadly more than not, they aren't utilizing their degree in any way.

Congrats on the new to you CS!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Pretty simple funny story actually.
My lady decided she wanted UCLA Alumni personalized plates, but said she couldnt put them on her WRX, she wanted something more classy.
We did some research and price comparison shopping. We wanted to do the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, but it wasn't really in our budget. We came across this one on a Carmax lot, so we jumped on it. Its completely stock right now, but I have a few mods in mind for it.
That's awesome !! Keep us updated with mods your thinking about

Old 03-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 AM
future mods I am planning are your basic mods. Matte or gloss black 22" rims, Darker tint on the windows, magnaflow exhaust, and a cold air intake.

After some research and 10x the money it would cost on any American car, finally got her Pioneer deck in, but retained all of the bose stuff.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome aboard! Let's see some pics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.