CTTS 955 Brake Pads for Racing / Track Days

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:26 PM
sevenspeed is infamous around these parts
CTTS 955 Brake Pads for Racing / Track Days

I have searched exhaustively for upgraded brake pads for a CTTS. Limited options for what I would consider upgraded rotors. There are some ebay listings, but I am concerned they are low quality porous iron with some ornamental slots and/or crossdrilling.

This is for 380mm F / 358mm R : Turbo S

Took modified Techart Magnum to a track day and the brakes were the immediate weak link. Looking for an aggressive compound brake pad. It seems the majority of people are looking for low noise and low dusting. I will purchase separate rotors and pads for a track day, so they can squeal, dust, and eat rotors -- they just can't fade.

Not planning to track it extensively, just on days when other cars can't run for some reason. Turns out this thing is amazing in the turns and laps some cars that were a big surprise for everyone on the track (including me!) Don't underestimate as I did!

Old 04-13-2013, 09:46 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
The only two choices I've even seen are EBC reds and yellows. I tried the reds didn't feel they gave me the stopping power I wanted, though they were less dusty. Currently back to OEM, but considering trying the yellows.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:59 PM
I can't find a source for yellows where I can guarantee they are 380mm or 358mm rotors. The tell is that they list too many versions that the particular pads fit. 'Fits Cayenne S, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S'

Old 04-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Summit seems to have these for the front. The notes indicate 380mm rotors:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eb...905r/overview/

Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sevenspeed
Took modified Techart Magnum to a track day and the brakes were the immediate weak link. Looking for an aggressive compound brake pad. It seems the majority of people are looking for low noise and low dusting. I will purchase separate rotors and pads for a track day, so they can squeal, dust, and eat rotors -- they just can't fade.
I think you will find that I do not care about a little squeaking and wheel dust, I value top performance when it comes to brakes/tires.

I believe the only company that will have what you want it Carbotech. They will make almost any brake pad compound that you want and have a good reputation among racers. The last set I went with was the XP8 for street / light autocross. You may want to go with the XP10 / XP12. I would call them up and see what they have to say in terms of the best compound for strictly track use and the proper heat range.

http://www.ctbrakes.com/pads.asp?Make=Porsche

Old 04-15-2013, 08:47 AM
I'll call them. I found their info on rennlist, but did not see any CTTS brakes listed.

From digging around, it appears that the same rear pads are used on different rotor sizes. No proof of this yet, just anecdotal evidence from looking at part numbers and cross references for entirely too long.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I'll call them. I found their info on rennlist, but did not see any CTTS brakes listed.

From digging around, it appears that the same rear pads are used on different rotor sizes. No proof of this yet, just anecdotal evidence from looking at part numbers and cross references for entirely too long.
I have done business with them before in the past. Trust me, they will put their braking compound on any brake backing plate. The brake pads are made to order. Getting the source backing plate was the fun part getting started

Considering that the rear only does about 20-30% of the braking, I think it is reasonable that the Brembo 4-pot rears are standard. Let me know if you need for me to confirm and I can pull some part numbers.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 AM
I love a company that gets it done! Hopefully they can find backing plates in new stock without me having to send them old ones. Have sent an email to them.

Front calipers are: 955.351.421.61 & 955.351.422.61
Pads: 955.351.939.50

Rear calipers are: 955.352.421.61 & 955.352.422.61
Pads: 955.352.939.50

Old 04-15-2013, 11:25 AM
I love a company that gets it done! Hopefully they can find backing plates in new stock without me having to send them old ones. Have sent an email to them.

Its up to you, but I would call them. I think you will get a better feel for the type of compound you want over the phone. Last guy I talked to Mike Pulsar, Jr. (Sales) He was pretty knowledgeable and helpful.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:05 PM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
When you're talking brake pads, you're talking about standardized parts. When I first bought my CTTS, I did some brief research to see what types of aftermarket pads might be available for the stock calipers.

The Friction Materials Standards Institute designates brake pad backing plate designs. I determined for the CTTS, the front pads are FMSI D1130, and the rear pads are FMSI D978. With the backing plate numbers (the "D" numbers above), any custom friction material supplier ought to be able to hook you up with friction material on pads that will be the correct fit because I believe there are to the trade suppliers of backing plates only, although I've never actually identified one. Somebody produces them, though.

In the past, I've been very happy with the Ferodo DS2500 compound, which is a street/track compound. For all out track, they also offer a DS3000 compound that has even better high temperature performance. I was able to determine the Ferodo offers pads, FDB4056 front, and FDB1835 rear, with the correct backing plates, but I hadn't bothered to hunt down the compound used on those part numbers.

Good luck with your search, and let us know what you determine.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:58 PM
This is a great brake education! I will reply when I get some feedback from the vendors.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
Brake pad options

go to the TRG (the racers group) web site.

The web site has a link to Pagid brake pad profiles. Compare your pad profile(s), meaning pad shape to their Pagid brand pads, and I think you will find that Pagid pads for the GT3 (front) will be the same as your Cayenne pad shape.

Just ensure that the pad to caliper attachment is the same and I think you can find a good pad (Pagid Yellows). Do the same for the rears...