Durametric Enthusiast vs Professional.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Bpatteen is infamous around these parts
Durametric Enthusiast vs Professional.

Hello all,

So I'm getting ready to order my Durametric kit, and I was reading the differences between the Enthusiast and Professional and something caught my eye.

"Beginning with Durametric version 6, Durametric supports the Coding and Command Console features. These features are included with the Professional kits only.

The Coding feature provides for the ability to enable or disable predefined features in the car such as airbags, daytime running lights, cruise control, and the rear spoiler where applicable."

The reason this caught my eye is that I want to use the kit to lower my Cayenne, and I was wondering if anyone who has done this found that one version would or wouldn't work. Has anyone used the coding features in the professional kit, and is it worth the extra 400.00 for it? I really don't want to order a kit and wish I bought the other one. I tried searching but nothing turned up along these lines, so Sorry if this has already been covered. Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:52 AM
HOiYA is infamous around these parts
I think I recall seeing on another forum that they allow you to upgrade from the enthusiast to professional for the price difference of the cables. You might want to reach out to them and ask.

Also, if you are purchasing 2 or more cables, there is a 25% discount. Unfortunately they will ship only to one address. I'm trying to find someone local to SF that might be interested to go in with me.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:53 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.airmatic-lowering-links.co.uk/

get them from him, owners name is mark great guy to deal with. I bought my cayenne and s6 lowering links from him, iirc $120-30 a set for each car. he 2 day FedEx's it to you from the uk and they come in 2-3 days. u can order off the website or email him and ask to send you invoice via paypal and you can send payment that way as well. I went with the paypal way, a bunch of s6/s7 guys from the audi forums bought from him too after they all saw how it worked on my car. you don't need durametric to lower the car or a bs h&r module for $2k, you can even install the links on the cayenne without even taking the wheels off. took me about 15-20 min tops. all height setting are still adjustable and works like stock but with a lower baseline. I lowered mine about 2 inches.

Last edited by MikeL; 02-28-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Their website is outdated; both versions of the cable allow for coding for some time now.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Hoiya, thank you I'll call them and ask on that. Would be nice if they do that.

Mike those links look pretty nice. I'm planning on getting the durametric kit also for my own diag, but I think I'll look into those links too.

RM thank you. I that's good news as I don't have any friends that are Porsche owners so I don't need the professional other than I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to be disappointed with the enthusiast kit. Thanks again all. Looks like I know what I'm ordering now. .

Old 03-02-2014, 03:30 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
Just ordered the Enthusiast kit. Don't think you need the pro unless you're doing many cars.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Rampino is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MikeL
http://www.airmatic-lowering-links.co.uk/

get them from him, owners name is mark great guy to deal with. I bought my cayenne and s6 lowering links from him, iirc $120-30 a set for each car.
Mike,
Just wanted to say thanks for posting the link with the lowering links. I am going to buy those. They seem like a reasonable alternative to programming through the ODB.
The website isn't great so I can't figure out what the kit comes with. It defaults to "2" when you get to the paypal screen but I don't know if that means front and rear or what? With the "2" selected the price is $250. Is that right or do I just need "1"?
Anyone know?
Thanks!

Old 03-03-2014, 04:51 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Rampino
Mike,
Just wanted to say thanks for posting the link with the lowering links. I am going to buy those. They seem like a reasonable alternative to programming through the ODB.
The website isn't great so I can't figure out what the kit comes with. It defaults to "2" when you get to the paypal screen but I don't know if that means front and rear or what? With the "2" selected the price is $250. Is that right or do I just need "1"?
Anyone know?
Thanks!
u just need 1, 1 set comes with 4 links. i emailed the owner mark from the contacts on the site, told him i want links for X model cars, please send me an invoice thru paypal so i can send payment. 3 days or so later they arrived with instructions etc. u can order on the site or do it the way i did, but if its saying $250 im almost positive thats for 2 sets. depending on what the currency exchange from usd to pounds is, its going to vary. found his email from my inbox, its mark@airmatic-lowering-links.co.uk I would just email, give him your paypal addy, and tell him what kit you want for what car, and he'll send you an email with a link to pay.

Last edited by MikeL; 03-03-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:44 PM
HOiYA is infamous around these parts
Just wanted to say that the Durametric cable does more than just alter the height of the air suspension. If you plan on doing your own oil changes, it will allow you to reset the reminder/warning. Just saying....

Old 03-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by HOiYA
Just wanted to say that the Durametric cable does more than just alter the height of the air suspension. If you plan on doing your own oil changes, it will allow you to reset the reminder/warning. Just saying....
Agreed. That's why I'm going to order the durametric. But I will I like the idea of the links for a permanent option.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by Bpatteen
Agreed. That's why I'm going to order the durametric. But I will I like the idea of the links for a permanent option.
I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just got excited at the inexpensive mod!

I think I will eventually get a durametric kit as well.

Can you adjust the AF ratio and boost with the durametric?

Old 03-04-2014, 07:07 AM
I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just got excited at the inexpensive mod!

I think I will eventually get a durametric kit as well.

No worries. I did too. I got the answers
I needed, so ask away . Sorry I don't have any useful answers for ya.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
No, the Durametric is not meant as a tuning device - only as a diagnostic tool.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:52 AM
What are people using for tuning? There doesn't seem to be much out there for software options.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 PM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
I used my Durametric cable to install my performance tune purchased from Softronic.
Their performance tune comes with the durametric cable, or they will give you a discount if you already have the cable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric Enthusiast vs Professional.