Disappointed with Cayenne purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TurboTodd
I like it so much I am going to give it a good detail and take it to cars and coffee. You think Im kidding .. just watch me
Wow.. this is a huge statement! Glad you are enjoying it. Now if you could only get those diehard air-cooled 911 guys to see the light....

Old 03-13-2014, 01:32 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Wow.. this is a huge statement! Glad you are enjoying it. Now if you could only get those diehard air-cooled 911 guys to see the light....

the die hard air cooled 911 guys are stuck in the past. drive any modern 911 and they'll soon realized their air cooled 911's are dinosaurs. the newer cars are better, faster and more efficient in everyway. theyre still stuck with their zack morris cell phones and tube televisions. internet? whats that?

Old 03-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeL
the die hard air cooled 911 guys are stuck in the past. drive any modern 911 and they'll soon realized their air cooled 911's are dinosaurs. the newer cars are better, faster and more efficient in everyway. theyre still stuck with their zack morris cell phones and tube televisions. internet? whats that?

Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2014, 02:49 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XR4Tim
Are the C&C starting up again in April? I would love to see it.

If the snow pack melts by then

I am there most times with the 996TT, its a fun casual thing. I have taken my S4 on iffy rain days.

I know it is bold but I will take the pig there for sure

Old 03-13-2014, 10:10 PM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
Air cooled Porsche's are true drivers cars vs. today's electronically sterile gadget cars. I must also disagree with the OPM, a Cayenne S can't be favorably compared to a 911. I have both and frankly my GTS still disappoints. Flame on!

Old 03-13-2014, 10:48 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 4ocious
Air cooled Porsche's are true drivers cars vs. today's electronically sterile gadget cars. I must also disagree with the OPM, a Cayenne S can't be favorably compared to a 911. I have both and frankly my GTS still disappoints. Flame on!
996 gt3 and gt2 are drivers cars. they dont even have traction control, etc. nobodys saying the cayenne is better than a 911, but for a big *** truck it holds its own pretty well. ctt can lap porsches track as fast as a carrera S. the old air cooled stuff, ive driven 993 carrera, 4S, turbo, 964 turbo, 928 gts (not air cooled but tech from the same era) and honestly the newer stuff is better hands down. ever driven a ferrari 355 and 360? then go drive 430, scud, 458 etc? if u say the 355 or 360 drive better ur smoking crack. some of the older 911's ive driven, 930 i think, the front and rear suspension is torsion bar, ive driven all the cars mentioned here and while i have respect for the old school stuff, it gets outgunned by the young bucks.

Last edited by MikeL; 03-13-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Your GTS disappoints because it is not a CTT... I'd rather drive my pig (09 CTT) than my C2S.

Originally Posted by 4ocious

Old 03-14-2014, 02:23 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
The best car is the one that is enjoyed the most... period

Old 03-14-2014, 08:17 PM
supbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TurboTodd
I like it so much I am going to give it a good detail and take it to cars and coffee. You think Im kidding .. just watch me
This makes me smile cause it's exactly how I feel about it. I test drove a new CGTS and I was blown away by it........you bet I'll be driving mine to c&c in my area

Old 03-14-2014, 08:38 PM
bernard.barbour is infamous around these partsbernard.barbour is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Loving this thread!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:14 AM
09RedGTS is infamous around these parts
Hard not to like them...

Picked up my 2009 GTS a week ago and I'm lovin every minute of it. Fun!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-porsche-cayenne-gts-pompano-beach-florida (3).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	354289