Action Express/Cayenne race engines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 04:34 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Action Express/Cayenne race engines

Yesterday I was @ Lozano Brothers Porting to drop off some parts and check progress of my engine and snapped a couple photos of the Cayenne engines that powered the Action Express #9 car @ the 2010 Rolex 24hrs of Daytona.

Not many people know that a Cayenne engine ever won that series so I thought I'd share. Not many people in the country have knowledge of these engines and now that there are more and more high mileage Cayenne's out there I want to let people know that there are options when faced with a engine rebuild. Lozano Bros. is happy to do work just give them a call!

Right now I'm having my engine built with a sleeved block, CP pistons, Ferrrea Valves and I had a set of Pauter Rods made. The 4.5 can be made into a 5.0 with only a bore increase. However, being quite oversquare already and based on my application, I chose to stick with 4.5 for maximum cylinder strength and the rpm range of my application. I'm hoping to have the first CTT with over 900 hp.

My build is taking longer than expected due to flow and basicly having all parts custom made. There are no off the shelf performance parts available for the Cayenne until now. Porsche doesn't even sell valve guides and I had those made as well. Hope you enjoy the pics

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0156.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	401729   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0157.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	979.7 KB
ID:	401730  
Old 09-14-2014, 07:45 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome!!!

Old 09-14-2014, 09:47 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
How are you going to handle , with tiptronic ?

Old 09-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Independent velocity stacks on a cayenne engine is wild! Getting 900 hp on a built Cayenne engine is reasonable. How is the timeiine shaping up on getting your piggy back on the street?

Old 09-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Independent velocity stacks on a cayenne engine is wild! Getting 900 hp on a built Cayenne engine is reasonable. How is the timeiine shaping up on getting your piggy back on the street?

Really hoping to be finished in less than 6 mo.....:/

Old 09-15-2014, 10:11 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Wow those are cool.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:54 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Thats awesome!! thanks for posting by the way, Ive been looking for someone with experience doing an engine build for these motors. My mileage is getting up there and I would rather build it and go crazy instead of replacing it with another stock one when the time comes.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:54 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
fantastic motor, high rpms and a world of torque.