Cayenne Chassis System Faiilure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 05:05 AM
Dog eyes is infamous around these parts
Cayenne Chassis System Faiilure

Hi

Hoping someone can offer me some wisdom and advice.

I have a 2010 Cayenne GTS, been wonderful for nearly 2 years but a few months ago I got the chassis system failure come up on the dash.

We have changed the air suspension pump (twice) the relay next to the pump, the big 40a fuse under the seat, the smaller fuse in the dashboard, checked and double checked all the wiring, but still no joy.

The car does go up and down and you can still alter the chassis from comfort to normal to sport.

You cannot put the car into sport mode though when it is running as it brings up the message sport mode failure.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, it's turning my mechanic grey.

Thanks

Old 08-19-2020, 09:48 PM
Tecchie is infamous around these parts
From the things I read, you may need to re-calibrate your air suspension. But your shock settings aren't dependent on the air pump.. the air part of the suspension just controls the ride height. The shocks (for comfort, normal, sport) are adjusted inside each shock. I think they're using a ferro-fluid.. see if there are fuses related to other suspension components besides anything labeled with "air"

Old 09-20-2020, 12:24 PM
Dodateeto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dog eyes
Hi

Hoping someone can offer me some wisdom and advice.

I have a 2010 Cayenne GTS, been wonderful for nearly 2 years but a few months ago I got the chassis system failure come up on the dash.

We have changed the air suspension pump (twice) the relay next to the pump, the big 40a fuse under the seat, the smaller fuse in the dashboard, checked and double checked all the wiring, but still no joy.

The car does go up and down and you can still alter the chassis from comfort to normal to sport.

You cannot put the car into sport mode though when it is running as it brings up the message sport mode failure.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, it's turning my mechanic grey.

Thanks
I think you should get a code reader 1st..
​​​​​ You should calibrate the air suspension as well, otherwise it will throw codes.